Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 sportsman 500 HO. The speedometer and the cluster is not working at all. Everything else works including all headlamps. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,412 Posts
Check the wires beneath the pod for damaged. You will have to pull the loom back and inspect each wire. The may have become damaged from the twisting back and forth of steering the machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't seen any frayed or broken wires. 4wd also stopped working today. Worked yesterday when I had the bike up on blocks. Rode today and went to put it in 4wd and the front tires would never spin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2006 Polaris sportsman 800. My speedometer and cluster went out and my 4wd stop working also but everything else works fine.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,412 Posts
with the key in the on position test for 12vdc at pin #1+2 on the cluster connector. Verify pin #8 is a good ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
with the key in the on position test for 12vdc at pin #1+2 on the cluster connector. Verify pin #8 is a good ground.
I do have 12 vdc on both pins and my ground is good. Is there a way I could check.the speedometer itself to see it's gone out. Everything else is working fine except for those 2 things.

·
Premium Member
9,412 Posts
whole cluster is dead correct?? If it is then the cluster is bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts