Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Sportsman 500 ATP. I successfully replaced the starter by going in from the top and removing the air filter and clutch air duct, as opposed to removing the clutch and clutch cover and accessing it from the side. I now can't recall how to replace, route, and secure the air duct coming out of the clutch housing. And, there is a mounting hole at the top end of this duct. Where exactly does it secure or bolt on to?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I think the part you're talking about mount to the frame just behind the fuel tank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the assistance. I can't find any type of hole on the frame that it would bolt on to. I'm thinking it may be a situation for a tie strap and just secure it to the frame.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but you can go to the Polaris site and look at schematics for your machine. Maybe you'll find some help there.

Browse

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Will check it out, thanks for the info. The two attached photos reveal what I've done (notice the white tie strap). Not sure it's correct but it looks like it'll work fine. I just can't locate anywhere to bolt the duct on to.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts