Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I have put 8 shims on the secondary clutch just seeing if I can get it to stop engaging at any point, and it did at 8. But with that said you can cruise around all day, runs fine, shifts fine. As soon as you take off with a moderate amount of throttle or try to hit higher speeds above 35-40mph it will make a crackling noise and the creeping and hard shifting starts again? Everything is torqued to spec.

·
Premium Member
9,910 Posts
NO WAY! All the parts are new, properly installed and aligned by an experienced mechanic. It has to be something else like the belt cover is too tight or the transmission needs an oil change.

Actually, that's not a bad idea - put some 140 weight gear lube in the transmission and I'll bet the secondary clutch will quit spinning in neutral.
No matter the issue even if the tires won't hold air I install new plugs!! This way I know for a FACT the plugs are good!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Been messing with the shins some more. Pretty sure it’s not in the clutches, starting to think it’s in the tranny/ trans shaft out of line. It started hitting the rev limiter around 7200rpm going 30mph in high gear? I really miss my Honda.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just smoked the belt tore it to pieces, I’m so lost with this. Wish there was another dealer to take it to. At this point I will prob just get ride of it and go back to Honda’s, never had a issue with my Honda. Had a older 02 sportsman it was a great bike. This thing does not seem to be a quality machine. I want to fix it so when I get ride of it I’m not screwing anyone and just passing on a problem.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts