Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member. Just bought a 2019 Sportsman 850 SP. looking to get bigger tires after the break in period. Question is, if I were to get clutch kit from RVS just for bigger tires (27”-28”), and have the stock 26” tires. Would installing the clutch kit before getting the new tires have any negative issues? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
Shouldn't. Reason being you aren't going that much bigger. If you went ck for 30"+ tires then you'd run into some issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldn't. Reason being you aren't going that much bigger. If you went ck for 30"+ tires then you'd run into some issues.
So I wouldn’t need a clutch kit at all for bigger heavier tires? Like 27” that weigh 28-32 lbsish?

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
No no I'm not saying that. I was saying if you run the stock tires on the QSC ck it won't hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
Haha you got it!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I asked Ryan at rvs the same question. He told me wait on the clutch kit till I get the tires. So I did them at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked Ryan at rvs the same question. He told me wait on the clutch kit till I get the tires. So I did them at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I asked Ryan as well and he said it’d be fine hahah. I’m just going to wait.

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
He would rather you wait. Not because it will do any harm but because he would rather you feel the kit with the big wheel package first. Generally guys go from stock clutching to aftermarket rims and tires and feel a decrease in power. Buy a CK to get the power and then some back. So essentially putting the CK on first is backwards.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He would rather you wait. Not because it will do any harm but because he would rather you feel the kit with the big wheel package first. Generally guys go from stock clutching to aftermarket rims and tires and feel a decrease in power. Buy a CK to get the power and then some back. So essentially putting the CK on first is backwards.
I get that, but I had some left over funds I was going to buy it, but didn’t just want it to sit till next spring when I’d be buying the tires. I’m just going to buy the CK and tires all at once and have the dealership install it all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
rvs clutch kit for 29.5 help

Hey guys need help with my sportsman 570 so my RVS secondary clutch spring doesn't look like the factory spring. did i get the wrong spring? or did they change it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys need help with my sportsman 570 so my RVS secondary clutch spring doesn't look like the factory spring. did i get the wrong spring? or did they change it
I would imagine the RVS clutch spring would be different for the specific kit you ordered for whatever set up you chose. Just give them a call to confirm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts