Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What clutch kit is best for a 2013 800 efi? I have 26 inch zillas on 14 inch itp Ss212. Also should your machine be broke in all the way before adding a clutch kit? I got 85 miles and 7.3 hrs on it so not really broke in all the way. I'm not happy with the low to mid range with the new tires. It feels so much quicker with my stock tires and pulls the front end right off the ground. So is a clutch kit gonna fix my problem? If so what y'all recommend?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
A clutch kit is exactly what you need. The most popular options are QSC, EPI, and Dalton, and Speedwerx. I have a preference to the QSC stuff (especially as I'm a dealer for them) but Dalton would be my second choice. Going to bigger and heavier tires changes the way your clutches work and they need different parts to compensate and shift properly. A QSC kit for your machine would run $229 shipped. I have them in stock and am in MN too so you would get it in a day.

No need to break in the machine before putting a clutch kit in. In fact, it's better for the machine to have it clutched properly than to have it laboring to turn the tires and get you around. It's actually easier on the motor and entire drive line with the correct clutching. Easiest way to get setup is to call me 651-707-6706 as I need some specifics on what you have done or planned for the machine and riding style and condition.
Ryan

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I'll look into them and give you a call when I'm ready to order...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are these kits something you can install your self? In other words are they pretty simple?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yes you can do it yourself in about an hour. No real special tools needed other than a way to compress the secondary spring into place and hold it while you remove and reinstall. Do a little searching here and you will find a lot of info on clutch kits and many who have purchased form me with great results. All the QSC kits are custom assembled to your needs, not just a canned kit like many others.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So did some research....and qsc seems to be very good. So I will be ordering a clutch kit from you indeed! Thanks for writing on here and giving me the info! I'm excited to get it and try it out. Gonna be a little bit before I can purchase but I will call soon as I can!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts