Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input on a clutch kit.... What is a good brand where is a good spot to get it... So far the only one I can find local is a heel kicker. Anyone have that brand and are you happy with it? Please let me know I have a 07 sportsman 500 x2 and just put 28" mudzillas on and would like a little more pull in the mud. Pleas let me know some ideas

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Looking for some input on a clutch kit.... What is a good brand where is a good spot to get it... So far the only one I can find local is a heel kicker. Anyone have that brand and are you happy with it? Please let me know I have a 07 sportsman 500 x2 and just put 28" mudzillas on and would like a little more pull in the mud. Pleas let me know some ideas

Thanks
Jeremy
Check Dalton out. Awesome clutches, and Canadian too.

http://www.daltonindustries.com/atv.asp

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks going to check out the quad shop and dalton out for prices and go from there!!! Keep and input coming to please thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I can tell you without doing any digging the QSC kit for the 500 will come with new weights, springs, and helix. The makeup will vary depending on your mods, tires, elevation, riding conditions and usage of the machine. All the QSC kits are custom built for each application. Retail on the 500 kits is $319 plus $20 shipping to Canada.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I can't say anything for Dalton's atv stuff but I use it almost exclusively for my snowmobiles. He is one of the best in the industry and knows his stuff too. And although I have a vested interest in the QSC stuff, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I can't say anything for Dalton's atv stuff but I use it almost exclusively for my snowmobiles. He is one of the best in the industry and knows his stuff too. And although I have a vested interest in the QSC stuff, I don't think you can go wrong either way.
I think QSC just earned my money because of the way you handled your self right there. diffently a company that I would support hearing those honest words right there. No bashing just honest I like that in a company. Thanks and I look forward to getting a kit for my 850xp that we talked about in a different thread. Just got to catch up this month and will call you in oct.

·
Registered
455 Posts
QSC all the way both of my atv's have them in.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Cubby. I am not part of Quadshop. I am just an independent dealer for them. My business is RVS Performance. I appreciate the kind comments but don't want to confuse myself with another business. I have spent years building my business on honesty, pride of workmanship, and top notch customer service. Until recently I have only worked by word of mouth. I generally specialize in 70's-90's Japanese motorcycles and high performance 2 stroke snowmobiles. The ATV segment of my business has exploded the last couple years so it's time to expand and embrace the opportunity. I look forward to getting you setup with what you need in the future.
Ryan

·
Registered
78 Posts
QSC all the way.. Adam is awesome.. absolutely a pleasure to deal with! He went above and beyond for me, even did the install for me! He even did some extra stuff to my clutch for free that would have cost me a lot of money some place else. Just a great guy, Im lucky to only live an hour away from him and his shop! I def would not go with anyone else. I even went to some of his mud race events and he takes the time to hang out with his fellow riders and customers. He gives you no BS and does not try to sell u something u don't need and its truly more of a hobby than a business to him. After being in his shop and seeing how much hard work he puts into his clutch kits and how many hours he spends to make us all happy is unreal!

Give Adam a call and you will not be disappointed! 715-760-0279

Tell him Deverick sent you

·
Registered
460 Posts
Subscribed to this thread!

·
Premium Member
10,639 Posts
Yuper on QSC. One of my first mods were rims and tires and when I did my research on clutch kits the major majority agreed that Adam over at QSC was the man to talk with. I have the original belt and just did a belt inspection and no evidence of belt ware. And to put it another way I have never read about anything bad about QSC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow you QSC customers are really making this any easy choice!! The only thing I don't like is the boarder fees getting it into Canada. I got a lift off a guy on here and shipped for $75 and when the 3-4lbs box showed up I had to pay $43 in boarder fees. The lift was $45 and $30 to ship it..... Is there any Canadian companies selling the QSC?? If not I should call this Adam and try and start distributing for him in Canada his sales would double!!!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Wow you QSC customers are really making this any easy choice!! The only thing I don't like is the boarder fees getting it into Canada. I got a lift off a guy on here and shipped for $75 and when the 3-4lbs box showed up I had to pay $43 in boarder fees. The lift was $45 and $30 to ship it..... Is there any Canadian companies selling the QSC?? If not I should call this Adam and try and start distributing for him in Canada his sales would double!!!
DALTON is Canadian, and an EXCELLENT company with Excellent products!!

http://www.daltonindustries.com/atv.asp

I bought a set of tailgate straps from Eric Merchant, they cost me $39 in UPS duties, straps were $44.95. After that, I try to buy up here. When I buy a New Sierra in 3 years, if mine won't fit, I will get another set from Merchant.

Did you check to see if Royal sells QSC?? Or, maybe you could have it sent to someone on here, and have them forward it via USPS to you. Just a thought.

Or ask Adam to ship via USPS. The key is to avoid the brown trucks, because they are the ones charging and keeping the duties fees. If Adam will ship via the postal service, you may get off cheaper.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
He does have a Canadian distributor, No idea who it is. I know they order about $100K a year from Adam. But you have to remember that the majority of his business is the Canned Ham clutch conversions at around $1,000 a pop. So someone is getting the stuff out there. Takes a healthy chunk of change to get into the game. I started at almost $10K on my first order. I have already shipped 5 kits to Canada at $20 flat rate USPS priority mail with no other fees reported from my customers. I also agree that Dalton makes some really great stuff. I buy several thousand dollars of stuff from them every year for snowmobiles. I just have not had anyone ever ask for a Dalton kit for an ATV. So either way you will be a happy camper. No need to call Adam if you want QSC as I probably have what you need at the same prices and you won't have to deal with the long lines there. They are very overwhelmed with calls and emails most of the time and are working to remedy that, but it takes time. I am not and have kits ready to ship for almost anything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
got my QSC kit coming from ridinagain, should be here very soon... :veryhappy: i like the usps option, brown truck's are the worse...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts