Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot how fun it was buying a new ATV and going through the motions of getting it setup like you want. I will be running 27"x9.5's all the way around on my new 570. I am seriously contemplating a clutch kit for this bike. Which manufacturers seem to be better these days? I ran Daltons back when I used to play in the mud a lot. My main concern is low end to medium range on my bike. Not a huge speedster but I don't want to turn it into a slug either.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Dalton still makes good stuff, qsc is great too. Not sure who all has kits out for the 570 yet, but I know I have qsc kits for them in stock. Well do exactly what you want. More bottom and mid and no less top end than you already lost with the tires.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a QSC clutch kit and love it. My stock 800 will pull wheelies from stop in high with my STI Mudtrax XLs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dalton still makes good stuff, qsc is great too. Not sure who all has kits out for the 570 yet, but I know I have qsc kits for them in stock. Well do exactly what you want. More bottom and mid and no less top end than you already lost with the tires.
That's what I am looking for, good low range through mid range and not hamper the top end other than what the tires take. Let me know what you have available. Feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still searching on these. It seems everyone is in the process of making or out of stock. EPI has one that may be ready in another 6-8 weeks after testing. QSC is out of stock. I have not called Dalton yet.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I would try to order one from QSC and see what the wait time is. They are worth the wait in my opinion. I would try to call Adam at QSC, or look up Ridinagain on this forum for more info on when they will be available.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
ridinagain usually has a stockpi;e pf c;utch kits ready to go.....

Support a fellow forum member!!!!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a 570 kit here. I'm cleaned out of 850s for the week though. So is Adam. Had a crazy run in them this last 5-6 days! Waiting on weights from the plater that should be here Friday. I hope.... And if I don't have it I will be restocked on Monday or Tuesday with another pile of kits. Seems as though everyone got money from Santa to spend this week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty sure I have a 570 kit here. I'm cleaned out of 850s for the week though. So is Adam. Had a crazy run in them this last 5-6 days! Waiting on weights from the plater that should be here Friday. I hope.... And if I don't have it I will be restocked on Monday or Tuesday with another pile of kits. Seems as though everyone got money from Santa to spend this week.
Same thing Adam told me when we talked. Not sure exactly what the 850s are/mean. When speaking with Adam, he said I'd probably be best setup with a kit for 28" tires due to the weight of the outlaw tires I have. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I would agree with Adam. I have the same charts he goes off of, as they came from him. The 850xp uses student weights than the 570, and in most cases different springs too. It's the 850 weights that are out of stock. They are at plating but with Christmas and New year's and the cold here closing schools a couple days they are a little behind. All the backorder stuff will be shipping early next week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would agree with Adam. I have the same charts he goes off of, as they came from him. The 850xp uses student weights than the 570, and in most cases different springs too. It's the 850 weights that are out of stock. They are at plating but with Christmas and New year's and the cold here closing schools a couple days they are a little behind. All the backorder stuff will be shipping early next week.
Just sent you another PM. So on this particular kit, it's not required to swap the primary spring, only the weights? And you have to only swap the secondary spring? No need to change helix?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey Ridinagain, can you give me a quote for qsc clutch kits for:
08 800 rzr
09 850xp eps
13 850 xp

Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Hey Ridinagain, can you give me a quote for qsc clutch kits for:
08 800 rzr
09 850xp eps
13 850 xp

Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
$319, $219, $219. If you had any other year RZR it would have been $219 but that year got a crap helix setup in it. Free shipping if you do all 3!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Will let you know. I just purchased the 2 850's and parts to get both running come in next week. Depending on how I like one of them depends on if I sell my rzr then. Should know in a week or 2 and let you know. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
Subscribed.

From what I can gather, swapping our a clutch kit is the equivalent of my dropping 1 tooth on the countershaft sprocket on a chain-driven bike, to increase acceleration? The trade-off is the you could lose a tiny by of top end speed due to slightly lower final gear ratios?

Fine by me. In some cases I have seen my bikes actually pick up a little top end speed by slightly lowering the gearing, due to them being able to hit redline(and reach that last bit of peak HP) in top gear, rather than having win resistance holding them back at 150+mph or whatever...

So with a CVT vehicle, this is how you essentially accomplish the same end? Different clutch alters the final drive ratio, to alter how power is delivered, and account for different tire sizes, which of course alter the effect gear ratio? So larger tires, need to be compensated for by altering the clutch to balance it out?

I don't plan on getting huge heavy mud tires. I will stick with stock for now(2014 570 EFI(no EBS)), and when these tires need replacing, stick with stock size or maybe a 26" at most...

Suggestions? Just looking for something durable, maybe a little more snap, and that will accomodate both stock tires and 26" if I should decide to go that route at some point?

What is involved in installing a clutch kit? I assume that it is more involved than a regular sprocket swap... haha

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts