Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, I've blown two belts the origingal with 700miles after purchace and the new with 200miles 150 of those with the pro tracks. I'm very aggresive when I ride and love smashing the throttle. Whould a clutch kit help and if so what do you recommend? If there is no help I will sell and go to a standard
Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would asume a clutch kit would help you drasticaly

·
Registered
6,903 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
i agree with blueline15 i like hotseat and if you just give them a call they are really great guys and will ask you questions and then tell you what you need and how much it will cost. i bet they have already had someone in your same sitution. they know there stuff!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
yes they do. ive been on the phone with them a few times for my customers when i was working the parts counter and their customer service was great. it seems like they have tried their product in everywhich way possible and knows how it will react.

like rRandel said, just give them a call, they will work with you to fix this problem, if any company that makes a clutching kit can do it, its these guys! and they have great prices too IMO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the help. The best part of the story is, that I was riding without a spare belt, picked one up went for a ride 3 hours after getting one and that was when it blew. Talk about good timing.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i would also talk to DALTON.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am running a heelclicker clutch kit on my 08 800 and it works great. This bike is rode very hard and I have not had any belt probs since I went away from the Polaris belt. The heelclicker takes some playing around to dial in but it is worth the hassle.
We have 3 800's in our group and they all blew a belt in less than the first 350 miles. We all switched to [from memory have to check the box] ultramax and have had 0 probs. Two of the 3 riders are 350lbs plus and have over 1400 miles on this belt without a clutch kit. My belt is of my 07 800 and now on my 08 with 1500 miles.
You hear a lot about how the OEM belt is the shit but when the dust settles it is usually[but not always] based on hearsay and no firsthand experience with anything else.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Juice,
I've been looking into the clutch kits, not to sure if I want to spend the cash. I've learned that the Prospector tracks are hard on belts and since I got the tracks with the 800 I don't think to me they are worth keeping, rather put the money towards upgrades. As far as belts I've run the OEM and Dayco, samething is what you said OEM guys said it was the shit and Dayco guys said it was the shit. I would like to give the ultramax a try if thats what your running.
P.S. If there is anyone seriously looking for a set of Prospector pro 2 tracks with low miles give me a shout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts