Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch will not turn all the way it will turn about one round then lock up. the belt i had on shreded into alot of pieces and doesnt look like thewhole belt came out of the cover. could there be pieces in there holding it or what? anysuggestions would help.

·
Registered
337 Posts
In order to get all the pieces out, most of the time u have to take both clutches off and take at least the secondary apart and make sure u blow the breather out with compressed air as belt chunks go up into that and eventually they come back out into your clutch housing

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?e1llkf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bad it a 2000 335 sportsman. and is there anyway to get the drive or primary clutch off without a clutch puller?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes, you can make your own puller if you know what size threads are in the primary clutch. My 01 sportsman has 3/4" fine thread so I used a a piece of threaded rod cut to 9" and welded a nut on the end.
When you say the clutch locks up when you try to turn it , you do realise the clutch is connected to the engine crankshaft and you're actually trying to turn the engine over. There's lots of compression there also, so is that what you're trying to do and wondering why it's hard to turn?

Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts