Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well It has Been Fine Till Recentley, I started Messing with it after I suberged it Two year's ago. Well I done all the Cleaning to it, There is to do to it, it Runs Good, But The Clutch After sitting up For Two Whole years Garage Kept, I can't figure it out, I removed The Drive and Driven Cluthes, And Cleaned them Both, And Put back on with a New Belt, Idle Fine, Motor Mounts are good Never Wreaked, But you put it in gear and it will take off and so you press the hand brake and it will kill it, because it will try to keep going. I'v researched on bikebandit.com for Schematic, and thought there was a 1 way Bearing locked up, but I called the Dealer and they said there is no 1 way bearing, that it sound's like they Throttle Body, but the Idle is good.
How does the Throttle Body have somthing to do with A Centrifical Clutch, Wieght's And Spring, Not Broke Or Dirty. I need Some Help The this Machine????? Also there Is No Groves in clutch Or Old Belt Wrap up in there????

Thanks For Yalls Help:wtf:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Hey if that isn't the name you wanted send a PM to dascrow!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
05 Polaris Clutch Problem

It Doesn't move In Netural, But You put it In gear it will take off, But after it take's off you can't pull it out of gear, I Think The Clutch is Trash

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
actually no, i would bet the clutch is alright. we called machines that moved on their own in gear "creapers" and 90% of the time it was simply because the belt tension was too tight, and the primary was not fully disengaging from the belt, hence making the machine move. since i am not a tech, i am just a parts and service write up guy i cant explain to you how to do this yourself, but it should only take a dealer 30-60 mins to do the full job if that is all. especially if you have taken the clutches off, there is a fine adjustment to for belt tension and has to be adjusted after the clutches are removed and also just after time.

very very rarely to clutches go bad where they are inrepairable.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
is the replacement belt shorter or wider than the old one?? check pulley alignment??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts