Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of clutch spring shims for my sporty570, gonna try raising engagement rpm, make it a little snapier off the line. has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Everyone in here has... What kit did you get? Shimming your clutch is unique to your riding and what you plan on doing.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rds performance is sending me 2 shims, which can give me 200 400 or 600 rpm change in engagment, what would you recomend, and will it affect top speed?

·
Registered
771 Posts
it all depends on your riding habbits. i believe you ment to say you ordered it from RVS performance. ryan over there is great. ive been picking his brain about my set up since day one. i decided to just put the thin shim in to keep my 1800 rpm engagment. i might take that one out and put the thicker shim in to raise it to 2000 rpm.
i do a lot of technical crawling and manuvering. he said that if the rpm is too high then it gets sketchy when you try to crawl because the clutch just wants to engage hard and you will wheelie.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering about that to. i think i just might raise it 200 rpm to compensate for the 26" tires, she still lifts the front up but not as high as before, with the 25 she would go over backwards if you let it, now it only comes up about 12 " unless i pull on the bars. I also added a winch, that 30 lbs in front might be contributing also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts