Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 09 550xp and have the same size tires but there heavier. Ive got gorilla silverbacks x-lites and was wondering if a spring and weights would wake it up?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes clutching would wake it up for you. There are many good ones out there. I prefer QSC as they customize for your riding style, tire size, weight etc. Adam is great but very busy. Ridinagain is now a distributor of QSC and has lots of knowledge. Look him up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should I just do spring or do spring and weights? I use to clutch snowmobiles back in the day. So im sure a atv clutch is the same

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The stock weight profile is the biggest problem with them. But going to a more aggressive profile of weight requires a different spring to work right. Then it makes the secondary shift to fast and bogs out down so you need a stiff spring there too. Easiest to get a kit on these as most of the stock spring rates are a mystery to most. Complete qsc kit for your machine includes weights and both springs for $219 plus shipping. Our you can get components separate if you like and do your own experimenting as I did. After about $1000 in parts what worked best was the qsc kit right out of the box.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill get ahold of you when im ready. Probably after Christmas thanks alot

·
Registered
125 Posts
Off the topic but how do you like those silverbacks I'm thinking hard about putting a set on my 850

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tires are awesome and love the mud. Discount direct on here is where I got them from 374.00 free shipping

1 - 9 of 9 Posts