Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonder if anyone has tried a heelclicker clutching or mds wieghts. I have used these on snowmobiles.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I've tried them in sleds and never could make them work right. Haven't looked at his stuff for atv if there is any. These things are a lot different than sleds to clutch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never had an issue with the heel clicker’s in a sled but I run 600 & 800 improved classes. I do realize clutching a wheeler is going to have different variables. Now that I have add 27’s and I am going on more runs than yard carting my 850. It is time to start playing around with it to get more response out of it. The QSC kit does it address issues of oversized tires, aggressive trail riding, reduce shifting from high range to low range. Is the QSC kit A primary and secondary clutch kit (SPRINGS , WIEGHTS HELIX)?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The QSC kits are all custom assembled for each rider and their tires, elevation, performance mods, terrain and riding preferences. Most 850 kits include weights, and both springs. Some configurations also get a helix change but that is rarely needed. They retail at $219 and you can get all the options on my web site. See my sig.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'll throw in my .02 on the subject here. I won't say that a person won't find a better setup but to buy a kit and save a lot of time and money just buy a kit that is already built to your liking. It has been tested and proving that these KITS work for a certain setup. Now I don't know a lot about clutching, and I'm sure if you spent time and money with the right springs and weights and a lot of time you might find something that works a little bit better then the KIT that QSC will sell you. Any ways it probally sounds like I work for QSC but I don't. It's just that I have but clutch kits in the last 3 sleds that I've owned and never seen a gain like I have with a QSC kit in my 2013 850xp and have one on order for my 2014 850xp.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just put a QSC kit in my 2014 850xp with 27in swamplites and the difference is night and day! Take off wide open standing still in high range and you better be holding on lol If it hooks your looking at the sky lol. From a 10-15 mph roll i can stand it up in high range as well (not spinning). Low range is VERY EASY to do wheelies as well. My friend has a outty 1000 and before the clutch kit at busco beach drag strip(300') he could put 4-5 bike lengths on me and after the kit i was within 1-1 1/2 of him. He still out ran me but made a big difference! I don't know why but the topend speed actually felt faster? i thought it would feel slower and bottom end would be the only thing i would notice the gain idk lol. This is my experience with my kit VERY HAPPY! Thanks Ridinagain!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Cubby, you said it well. There are probably better setups out there if someone wanted to spend the time and money to figure it out. I know a bunch of guys running HeelClicker stuff in their sleds, and if you can get them dialed in they really work. Probably the best setup out there even. But hard to dial in and a bit finicky for all around use in my experience, and that doesn't work in an ATV that is used for towing, hauling, high speed trails, gentle touring, etc. To many big variances in terrain and conditions for them to do what they do best when setup for a specific use. That said, the Polaris clutches are generally very forgiving and that is what makes them work so well in so many different uses with the same setup. Even in stock form a Sportsman does everything well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts