Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to choose between the two for a weekend of riding. I'm driving from Alabama so I want the best there is....Anyone that visited either I would appreciate some comments and/or recommendations! PROs??? CONS??? Thanks... Will be riding a 850XP EPS and a Razor S...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have ridden both and would say that Brimstone is much more rugged, we have had a couple of people roll at Brimstone. I have not been to Coal Creek in a while and have heard that they have done a lot of logging and messed up a lot of the trails.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We are coming up in March and riding Coal Creek one day and Brimstone the next.

I've never been to Brimstone, but hear good things about it.

Coal Creek is very side x side friendly. There were a ton of them back in November when I was last there.

If you go to Coal Creek you might want to stay off of Trail 12 with the rzr unless you like abuse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I take my RZR down and up Trail 12 at the Rock almost ever time I am over there....it's one of the best trails there...

Both systems are great, and have there own personalities...I have rode from one to the other on the XP and the RZR, it makes for a long day but it is well worth it. Brimstone seems to be more new comer friendly...WR is cut up with gravel but if you know the trails you can stay off of the gravel...

Just my $.02

·
Registered
216 Posts
I take my RZR down and up Trail 12 at the Rock almost ever time I am over there....it's one of the best trails there...

Both systems are great, and have there own personalities...I have rode from one to the other on the XP and the RZR, it makes for a long day but it is well worth it. Brimstone seems to be more new comer friendly...WR is cut up with gravel but if you know the trails you can stay off of the gravel...

Just my $.02
I think it's the best trail also, but it just seems to me that it would get banged and bruised. I have no question that it wouldn't make it, just a little scar tissue when done.

My buddy rolled his 500 HO on Trail 9 at the break away trail that has a sign that says "Most Difficult"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for info! I think we are coming up March 18 for the weekend. When are you guys going? Looks like it may be Coal Creek!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts