Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a diagnostic code 520194 7 and i fixed the contacts from touching in the throttle housing. Disconnected/Reconnected the battery to clear the code. 30 seconds later the check engine light comes back with a code 3597 3, ECU voltage output to high. Machine starts to surge to high RPM at idle, up and down. Running rough. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have been searching and can't find much on the cause of the code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I am a new Polaris owner and new to the forum. Purchased 2018 570 with 50 hours. Original owner said he just replaced battery as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a new voltage regulator as that seems to be a very common issue with Polaris and that's the most sense I can make from the code definition given. Of that doesn't fix it I will definitely have to take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
The problem with the fuel injected vehicles is the complexity of the system - a failure in one component can generate a code that simulates a problem somewhere else. When my F150 developed a miss it showed up as an ignition problem - new fuel pump fixed it. Computer did not diagnose it, a competent experienced mechanic solved the issue, but not before new spark plugs and injectors were installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a diagnostic code 520194 7 and i fixed the contacts from touching in the throttle housing. Disconnected/Reconnected the battery to clear the code. 30 seconds later the check engine light comes back with a code 3597 3, ECU voltage output to high. Machine starts to surge to high RPM at idle, up and down. Running rough. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have been searching and can't find much on the cause of the code.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello so I just bought a used 19 sportsman 570 and same code 3597 ???? Can’t find squat did you get yours fixed?

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
test voltage between the battery terminals with the machine running @3,000rpm. make sure the terminals are goo and tight. you're checking volts DC.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
Aside from the code what is the performance of the machine??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same as yours starts fine idles start to ride ok then eng light pops and starts popping running half assed then just stalls weird

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
So I've heard lots on this subject/code. Guys have tried to adjust the cable and its worked and not, also attempts at re-setting the TPS voltages back to spec have worked and not, some have even gone as far as trying to adjust the throttle screw on the throttle body (not advised). There is also the ty-wrap around the throttle contacts trick again that has worked and not. So you have those options to look into and/or try. Also make sure the TPS wires aren't damaged or being pulled to tight say stretched cause they were ty-wrapped and routed the wrong way from the factory. Lastly its one of those deals you need to bring it into the dealer so they can throw the Digital Wrench on it cause that tells the tech everything and he has the ability to adjust parameters we as DIY'ers cant unfortunately!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I've heard lots on this subject/code. Guys have tried to adjust the cable and its worked and not, also attempts at re-setting the TPS voltages back to spec have worked and not, some have even gone as far as trying to adjust the throttle screw on the throttle body (not advised). There is also the ty-wrap around the throttle contacts trick again that has worked and not. So you have those options to look into and/or try. Also make sure the TPS wires aren't damaged or being pulled to tight say stretched cause they were ty-wrapped and routed the wrong way from the factory. Lastly its one of those deals you need to bring it into the dealer so they can throw the Digital Wrench on it cause that tells the tech everything and he has the ability to adjust parameters we as DIY'ers cant unfortunately!

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
Wait you just bought the quad isn't it still under warranty????

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
Oh ok that sucks.

On a side not and i'll never tell anyone not to buy a particular wheeler although I have strong opinions on them all!!! Except Honda, NOT a fan!! The interesting thing about Suzuki is a bunch of my buddies have owned them. Although the KQ has a very good rep as far as reliability I couldn't disagree more, LOL. Just because its a numbers game lots of Kings and someones is always broken or in need of repair. They are solid machines though!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I’m sure I’ve read up on the 19 and seems to be very well liked and the deal I’m getting is crazy good leftover 19 750 pwr steering

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
Hey if it works then go for it. Gotta be happy with what you ride and feel like its not going to break down on you!!! I get it man!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts