Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone added coil spacers to their existing lift kits?
I run a 3" lift now,
I've been thinking of adding them for additional ground clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
They may give you a little more lift out of that style of "coil spacer" (wedge type)...... but will also decrease the springs ability to compress = less suspention travel and poorer ride comfort. I wouldn't recommend it!

If you went with a coil spacer that spaced the spring from the end, that would be better...... but I'd take a close and careful look at current CV angles. The steeper you go the hard it is on them and the faster they wear/break.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I added some of them to my front springs ..was told of them by Clinebo..but I used for the plow lessening spring compression during lifting..I did not see any gain in height tho...

·
Registered
815 Posts
all that would do is stiffen the suspension a lot. No additional lift

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any way to add additional lift to an existing lift kit?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Like al said, those are mostly for keeping the front springs from compressing when lifting a plow. Not for adding any lift.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, Im glad I searched before posting....this is what I thought and it was confirmed by this thread. I may still get a set for when the plow and chains go on.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Any way to add additional lift to an existing lift kit?
More lift will increase your axle angles so make sure they can take it before you add more lift.
Is your catvos lift all in the a-arms or does it have brackets too?
You could add a bracket lift or make your own to move the upper shock mounts down an inch or 2.
I am thinking about stacking this one on top of my 5in.
2009 2014 Polaris Sportsman 550 850 XP Xtreme 2" Lift Kit | eBay

If you have deep pockets a portal lift is always an option too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts