Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I had gotten bad valves from Amazon. They were cracked and dried out on the 2 JD carts I leave outside. Anywho I had installed these Amazon valves on the 2 JD carts and the 800s beadlocks. So once I realized the valves were cracking I purchased these Colby valves because I especially didn't want to break down the beadlocks. Well I installed the first one on the 800 and seems to be a solid valve and simple install. Hardest part was making sure the entire old rubber valve came out. Cause I would have broken down the wheel if the back of that valve fell inside the tire, lol.
Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive tire Font
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Weird I can't upload the rest of the pics. Says I'm at my 20MB limit. Never seen that before!!

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idk I think it was just the one pic. It was of just the valve before I installed it.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Light

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok this is just the valve. All I had to do was crop the picture and voila.
Plumbing fitting Cylinder Gun accessory Metal Auto part

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Not off road approved in Colorado or Utah.

• Haha
Reactions: bp405

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looks nice and easy!

I buy TR412 stems from the local tire shop. We have an account there and 20+ trucks so if I go in and ask for a few they normally just give them to me.

Anyways, I bought this nifty little tool that enables you to install the stem without breaking the bead. Works out on the trail. I keep one in the 570 and one in the 850

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks nice and easy!

I buy TR412 stems from the local tire shop. We have an account there and 20+ trucks so if I go in and ask for a few they normally just give them to me.

Anyways, I bought this nifty little tool that enables you to install the stem without breaking the bead. Works out on the trail. I keep one in the 570 and one in the 850
Hmm interesting @Mike_B !!!! I actually bought the Colby emergency valves about a year and a half ago to throw in the tire repair kit. It's funny when I first started wheeling 10yrs and 1 month ago 🤣 I ripped the valve off the stock wheels on the 800. Countless trips/rides later never has that happened to me or anyone I was riding with or came upon on the trail. But better to have it not needed than need it and not have it!

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sure looks like it's something that would belong in everyone's tire repair kit.
The "emergency" ones actually have a wing nut to tighten them down. One if those deals if you have it it'll never become an issue 🙄.

Reactions: FPD218

·
13,332 Posts
Looks nice and easy!

I think I like that kit. Actually I like both ideas.
I'm curious...
Does the tool kit work as easy as it looks?
I guess a little spit to lube the new stem would make installation easier lol?
I may just look into both. Keep the change kit for around the garage and carry one of those Colby valves on the trail. Never had a valve fail in the woods but it would be a deal breaker in the middle of nowhere. That Colby valve would be a quick easy solution and will fit right in the tire kit I already carry onboard.

Learn something new on here every day. (y)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I carry these with my power tank for trail fixes.

FWIW, breaking down the beadlocks is pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I've done a ton of times as I currently own 3 sets, lol. But sometimes it's worth spending the extra scratch to make life a little easier. I like easy!!!!

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think I like that kit. Actually I like both ideas.
I'm curious...
Does the tool kit work as easy as it looks?
I guess a little spit to lube the new stem would make installation easier lol?
(y)
Works pretty good, I was surprised. At home, I use RUGlyde.

In the field, whatever is handy. Water, beer, a couple drops of antifreeze from the overflow tank.

Only had to use a couple times but invaluable when needed

·
13,332 Posts
Works pretty good, I was surprised. At home, I use RUGlyde.

In the field, whatever is handy. Water, beer, a couple drops of antifreeze from the overflow tank.

Only had to use a couple times but invaluable when needed
Yeah, got to thinking about it after the post. You could just pull the dip stick out and get a little oil on your fingers to lube the new stem... But spit would be a lot faster lol.

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
I don't have a oil dipstick

Gas Composite material Nickel Auto part Aluminium

1 - 17 of 17 Posts