Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 850 wont even pop. went to start it today and had alot of crank but no pop to turn it over. couldnt quite hear the fuel pump start though. The temp was right at 0 degrees F. couple weeks ago it was only running on one cylinder in cold weather. I added sea foam to the gas at the begining of winter, and it hasnt seamed to run right since. could it be a moisture problem?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Try changing the spark plugs, I would get rid of the champions that came in it and run ngk plugs, ordered mine from napa, number is ILZKAR7A10 stock # 6043. Thesen are iridium plugs so they will cost more .

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I had the same issues. The champion # 6 plugs fouled quite easily. I went and got the hotter plugs the number 8's and have not had an issue since. The machines start very rich and if you dont let them warm up or ride them for a while it carbons up the plugs and they foul. They can not be cleaned as they have likely shorted inside.

Worst thing for these machines is to start them up and move them ten feet and turn them off repeatedly. Thats what killed mine. Moving around the garage and yard but not warming them up and not riding them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Russ, do you like those plugs? I can't find an iridium anywhere. Napa has them but they would have to ship them from New Orleans and I would have to pay shipping. They told me that plug was used for a Mercedes actually. And by chance would anyone know the number of the stock Champion spark plugs? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Same as the stock ones but 8 instead of 6. I ordered my iridium ngk ones from the net. Got 8 for 96. Here they are 27 each from napa

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just ordered some ngk 6043 from oreillys $13.00 a piece, suppose to be to get them tomorrow morning. See if they are right.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts