Polaris ATV Forum banner

Color matched "Polaris" logo on front bumper

13K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Carrot Top 
#1 ·
how do you paint the the letters of the black polaris name on the front bumper of a sportsman 850 the same color as the plastics? is there any specific type of paint you would use on that type of plastic? And how would you guys recommend doing it?

#2 ·
I've seen decals on fleebay that are in multiple colors that are cut to size to inlay into the POLARIS recess.

#6 ·
I used a scrap of vinyl decal material, that I got from a local graphics/sign shop. Cleaned the surface really well with simple green, then rubbing alcohol, applied the rough cut decal pieces to fit each letter... then used an exact-o knife to trim it all out.

#7 ·
Reactions: Radeon
#9 ·
Pretty easy.... Prep / Clean the area to be applied with rubbing alcohol, allow to dry and apply. Use a "bondo spreader" to help work out any air bubbles and then remove the paper covering.

#11 ·
If you contact him he will tell you. And if not what to measure to make sure. He can/will make them to fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
i didnt get the inlay decals for mine but i did contact him for a custom auto tag for the front of my truck. He got back to me within 2 hours and had a template made of what I wanted. I was very satisfied with his customer service. Will def go back to him

#14 · (Edited)
Just wanted to throw this out there. Ordered the stickers the night of Sept 11, just saw them in my mailbox. Great service, great quality, even included a personal letter to me separate from the instructions. Thoroughly impressed. Do not hesitate to support this veteran fufilling the American dream and small business ownership.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Love the "Thin Blue Line".... (Or would be the 'Red' in my particular instance) but won't those not show up very well on a black rack/lid?? Would love to see a picture once installed!!!

#17 ·
So here's my 2 cents on the subject. I ordered the decals from Devil Decals Wednesday evening and they arrived in the mail on Saturday. That's quick, but hey, it costs you $7.50 shipping, so you're paying for it. There's no delivery option. I like the looks; I think they sharpen up the appearance of my 570. But a word of advice. If you are not artistically/mechanically inclined; get someone who is to apply them for you. I am disappointed in my own sloppy workmanship. It looks OK from 5 feet away, but it's a mess when you look at it closely. I only did the front. I'm going to try to get my wife to do the rear ones; as I think the smaller, raised letters may be more of a challenge than the recessed ones on front. You can see the wrinkles & warts in the close up below.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.