Polaris ATV Forum banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportsman 450 HO
82 Posts
Freshly refurbed and ready to go. The one-way was a little dry and tired at 3500 miles and the bearings had approximately 1/2 the teflon coating still showing. Buttons, rollers and weights good to go.
Should be good as new now.
I'll be seeing how the new Gates Redline does for about 1000 rough miles here shortly.
View attachment 152654

Did you do this clutch mod yourself?

CMOS

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
6,997 Posts
WOW!

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Just had 3 days of rain/snow in the high country this long weekend. Cut our extended holiday camping trip a couple of days short. Summer is struggling to arrive.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
"Summer" appears it might show up for this coming weekend, for how long, that is yet to be determined. Look on the bright side, at least fire danger is relatively low, for now!
I’m headed to Dinosaur land in Eastern Utah...sunny and warm hope not too much dust. Summer is already there so why not.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just had 3 days of rain/snow in the high country this long weekend. Cut our extended holiday camping trip a couple of days short. Summer is struggling to arrive.
Group was 25 miles west of Walsonburg for 5 days. First 3 days great riding. Next 2 days rain and more rain. Snow in the high country. I think summer was in March and now over.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Yea.... none of us can control the weather!

Just have to make it part of the journey!

·
Registered
480 Posts
What is the last count for how many are going. And how many are from out of staters who have not ridden here before.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
What is the last count for how many are going. And how many are from out of staters who have not ridden here before.
We are still 7 weeks away...... invite is still open!

Have 6, 5 from out of state

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
It is possible that we have a couple local guys coming for some of it.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
We’d sure like you to join us if possible. I should count as an out of state rider since I haven’t been to Taylor yet.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
So what are you guys going to do ? Break camp every morning or ride and come back each day ?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
So what are you guys going to do ? Break camp every morning or ride and come back each day ?
Come along and find out! You said you will be riding by June 20th!

Reactions: slisk250

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Best I can tell we will set up a basecamp.

Reactions: Jon Lehman

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
54CAB3FC-04E6-44BE-B4C2-B3CBB3EDD9ED.jpeg

Finally got these bikes on real trails to warm up for Colorado when things really start opening in a couple weeks. We are somewhere North of Vernal Utah. Dusty but fun. I had an issue develop late in the day. Bike dies when almost no throttle, particularly in turns. Stopped and checked battery connections. Nope. Then I notiyit would only cut out turning right. I had a few rotopax keys on the ring and a few others. Turns out I think the bars were hitting the keys and causing the problem. I think it’s fixed by removing all those keys. We’ll see in morning

201 - 220 of 236 Posts