Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

I'm looking to take my new atv out on her maiden voyage but I'm having a tough time determining where to go. I live in the south suburbs of Denver by castle rock. I was going to ride at rampart range but it looks like the trail is closed during the spring thaw. Does anyone have a recommendation of where I could ride in the next week or two?

I know where to go in the high country, but given the snow pack it won't be happening for a bit.

I want to send you guys some pics of the beast all muddy!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lefthand Canyon right outside of Boulder is a pretty nice place to go. I have explored that area many times and it is a nice 1-day trip, not too far away, and it's not a huge place, but there is still plenty to do there. There are a few difficult areas here, but there is plenty to ride on besides those sections.

Also, Rainbow Falls outside of Woodland Park if you want to go South a little bit. Much more timid trails, basically small dirt roads with a few trenches and obstacles every once in awhile. Very nice lake at the end of the trails there to dismount and relax.

Have fun!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi forum,

I'm looking to take my new atv out on her maiden voyage but I'm having a tough time determining where to go. I live in the south suburbs of Denver by castle rock. I was going to ride at rampart range but it looks like the trail is closed during the spring thaw. Does anyone have a recommendation of where I could ride in the next week or two?

I know where to go in the high country, but given the snow pack it won't be happening for a bit.

I want to send you guys some pics of the beast all muddy!!

This is last weeks ride from Rainbow Falls. Took 90 minutes to winch out. The lower trails are almost snow free, though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398043133.941756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
You'll probably have to go south for snow free riding. Texas Creek between Canon City and Salida on hwy 50 is open. No mud though, just rocks and cactus.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
PM BobX2 and ask him. He lives there and rides a lot

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've wheeled my jeep at little Moab at little falls. I never explored the trails before. I though that whole area was part of rampart range. When I asked friends about riding there they say it's horrible single track. From the sounds of it there is good riding here though.

Is there a place to pull a travel trailer and camp for the night? Anywhere near the parking lot?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lefthand is closed indefinitely. As you said with the amount of snow we got this year it's a bad time. Kinda a waiting game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts