Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
so i checked out my carb and everything looks fine my bike will start up and when i shift into drive it stalls? and then I try to start it up again and won't what would cause this should I be cleaning out the carb with some spray or is this another issue some where else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Newbie.....

Silly question but I have searched and searched any even went to local dealer Team Power Sports and they had no clue either.

2001 TB 250... Where is the fuel filter and where can I get a OEM filter?

I appreciate any assistance.....

THANKS A MIL.....
I don't know if "TB" is Trail Boss or Trail Blazer, but my 2000 Trail Boss 325 has an inline fuel filter under the headlight. My fuel pump is there also. I also don't know if it was factory installed or after-market since I bought it used.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi guys im new to all this and may have a carb problem i have just bought a 2000 trailblazer
250 2- stroke sitting off the road for a year i have stripped down the carb and cleaned it all the way through also changed the plug cleaned the air filter set everything back up ,mixture idle etc it now starts and idles perfect but then i drive it its got a lack of power it sounds sweet but lacks top end any ideas would be great thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
just did my son's carb on a 2002 TB. took my time and disassembled the carb, soaked in a good quality cleaner over night, cleaned all orifices with a welding tip cleaner set, blew out all orifices with aerosol carb cleaner, and reassembled using all original parts. If you take your time, you too can do this. Use the jet setting mentioned above and good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
325 polaris magnum

if the fuel shut off is defective, and in the off position, can it possibly still flow and flood the carb, causing fuel to drip out of the carb drain hole?

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
If the petcock is defective it can allow fuel to flow to the carb when shut off - fuel dripping from the carb is because the float needle is not shutting off completely or the o-ring that seals the float needle seat to the carb body has been damaged by ethanol ans is leaking - you may have both problems simultaneously.

The petcock is easy to check -take the line going from the petcock to the fuel pump off at the petcock and see if it drips or flows continuously - if it does, install a new one and keep an eye on the carb - it will probably get worse over time and the carb will need repaired later.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts