Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What compression test kit do you all recommend for Polaris 2 stroke? I have a 97 400 xplorer. Does harbor freight have one?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
I have a Penske, Craftsman and a PitBull screw in style - I prefer the Penske, but sometimes have to use the PitBull for convenience - the PitBull has snap couplers and various length and diameter extensions. The Craftsman has a very stout hose and doesn't bend around corners well.

·
10,586 Posts
I have a Penske, Craftsman and a PitBull screw in style - I prefer the Penske, but sometimes have to use the PitBull for convenience - the PitBull has snap couplers and various length and diameter extensions. The Craftsman has a very stout hose and doesn't bend around corners well.
LOL... I'd be like a kid in a candy store in your shop latebird. I'd probably spend way too much time testing one cool tool against the other for accuracy. (y)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a Mac compression tester and a Cornwell (OTC) leak down tester. Both have several adapters for different setups. Regardless of what you get, test the gauge for accuracy. Using air pressure and a tank or something you can air up to a certain pressure, put that gauge on it and see if it reads the same...easy to do. I have a spare air tank I can do that with and a precision Reid Vapor Pressure gauge to verify pressure....you don't need anything that fancy, just another gauge you trust to verify..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts