1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help me please!
just what did i buy?
I thought that I bought a polaris sportsman 2X 500 EFI
but I'm confused by the "sportsman 2X HO" decal on the machine. There is a EFI decal on the headlight.
Just what the heck is the machine? It has a 57" wheel base.
I did a vin check on the machine and it comes up a 2X 500 EFI.
can someone help me and set me straight.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2006 sportsman's stickers say 500 h.o., with the EFI sticker on the headlight, like yours, you have a model that has EFI, I believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there was no mention of the HO in the VIN search from Polaris. I was confused by the HO as in the 2008 brouchure there is a 500 HO. and a X2 500 EFI

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
there was no mention of the HO in the VIN search from Polaris. I was confused by the HO as in the 2008 brouchure there is a 500 HO. and a X2 500 EFI
By 2008 the HO was an overused marketing thing. Every machine since about '04 or '05 (can't remember anymore) is an HO which stands for "High Output".

Way back in the day, there where non-HO machines. Than this new HO thing started to happen, which basically was just a different cam shaft that allowed a few more ponies to be squeezed out. They quickly converted everything over to this HO motor, left the stick and used it as a marketing thing.

Nothing to worry about. If you want to get super techy, you have a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI HO X2.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nothing to worry about. If you want to get super techy, you have a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI HO X2.
That is missing a side body panel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts