Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a nonprofit horse rescue (ie: super low budget!). I am her fixit chick, and do a lot of repairs around the ranch, including basic maintenance on her house, electronics, trucks and Honda Foreman 4x4 ATV.

she also has a 2003 Polaris ATV, which sadly had been “worked on” by a tweeker. (Translation: it’s F’d up!!!).

There are cut wires EVERYWHERE.
Everything is jimmy-rigged.
Nothing works on it.

ive been keeping her Honda ATV running, performing all the troubleshooting and repairs myself (replaced carburetor, gas tank, faulty angle sensor, etc).

I have a background in electronics in television, so I’m pretty efficient with troubleshooting, generally speaking, but since this thing has been ripped apart I’m thinking it’ll take longer to troubleshoot than it would be to just tear it down and start fresh with a new harness.

can anyone tell me how difficult this will be versus trying to figure out what a tweeker did to it and fix their screw ups?

·
9,451 Posts
Its a pretty big job but if the original harness has been butchered that bad it may be the best alternative. There's several used on ebay but I did find one new harness. Here's a link. No longer available from Polaris though. You'd probably better be prepared to find bad sensors and switches and things too as that is probably what led to all the butchery.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
I'd replace it. The wires are so small and brittle that it makes them hard to repair. Not to mention spacing and angles also make repairs fail relatively quick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts