Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 94 Polaris Sport 400L 2 Stroke is having some major misfiring issues. Just rebuilt the carb and fixed all the air leaks and it wouldnt idle or staying running so we had to make the pilot jet .004" bigger and now it idles perfectly but it misses throughout the entire rpm range. I tried a new spark plug, replaced the coil and wire and leaned out the oil/fuel mixture incase there was too much oil fouling out the plug right away and still misfiring badly.The metering rod that has the notches on it to adjust how rich/lean it runs is set a the richest setting which probably is why it is running very rich. Would being to rich cause a constant mis throughout the rpm range? partial or full throttle it just putters. It seems like ignition problem to me but the igntion is working fine. any suggestions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the compression is fine. Everything worked fine before, but it just wouldn't idle, so we rebuilt the carb and fixed the replaced the boot from the carb to reed valve which was torn. We drilled out the pilot jet .004" which fixed the idle but after the carb rebuild is when it started missing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts