Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Coil Spacers vs HD Springs?

Over the long term, would the coils be the better investment?

I want to do all 4 corners, the way it dives in corners is starting to annoy me.

I have my eye on High Lifters HD springs. Will these add a little lift to it?

https://www.highlifter.com/p-847-high-lifter-front-rear-lift-springs-for-polaris-sportsman-400500570600700800-see-apps.aspx

https://www.highlifter.com/p-3063-spring-adapter-kit-for-2011-2014-polaris-models.aspx

Thankfully, HL is the only ones that offer rears, as a spring adapter kit is needed for 2011 to present Classic models, which they also have. :)
Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I do not think they will provide actual lift. Now they made provide slight lift over the stock springs if the stocks have sagged or weakened with age and use.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Just go for the springs!!!

I felt exactly the same before changing out mine ! They are now great. Only complaint is I would still like a bit stiffer out back for two up riding. I am hoping rubber Polaris spacers will do this for me. I have said it many times the instal of these springs is one of the best things I did to my machine!!

CW

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I felt exactly the same before changing out mine ! They are now great. Only complaint is I would still like a bit stiffer out back for two up riding. I am hoping rubber Polaris spacers will do this for me. I have said it many times the instal of these springs is one of the best things I did to my machine!!

CW
Thank you!! Will do them next!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I did HD springs in the rear and the Polaris preload adjusters in the front as I wanted a stiffer suspenion in the rear and wanted to retain the stock ride in the front for trail riding and have the ability to stiffen it up in the front if I wanted, especially when I have the plow on it.

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts

CW
do u have a link to the rubber polaris spacers?

·
Registered
311 Posts

CW
Polaris Sportsman Coil Spring Spacer 2872655 | eBay

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts
im with cw, springs are one of the more important mods to my bike. i wouldnt call it lift more like a rise, a lift increases suspension travel and the hl or epi springs just have a higher spring rate. but the important factor is it improves ground clearence.

with the hl on the front springs i dont understand what that collar/spring retainer is? on mine (epi's) i have a flat washer that the spring sits on. that washer is what the oems sat on.

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts

CW
Polaris Sportsman Coil Spring Spacer 2872655 | eBay
thanx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts