Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coil Spacers vs HD Springs?

Over the long term, would the coils be the better investment?

I want to do all 4 corners, the way it dives in corners is starting to annoy me.

I have my eye on High Lifters HD springs. Will these add a little lift to it?

https://www.highlifter.com/p-847-high-lifter-front-rear-lift-springs-for-polaris-sportsman-400500570600700800-see-apps.aspx

https://www.highlifter.com/p-3063-spring-adapter-kit-for-2011-2014-polaris-models.aspx

Thankfully, HL is the only ones that offer rears, as a spring adapter kit is needed for 2011 to present Classic models, which they also have. :)
Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I do not think they will provide actual lift. Now they made provide slight lift over the stock springs if the stocks have sagged or weakened with age and use.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not think they will provide actual lift. Now they made provide slight lift over the stock springs if the stocks have sagged or weakened with age and use.
Thank you.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Just go for the springs!!!

I felt exactly the same before changing out mine ! They are now great. Only complaint is I would still like a bit stiffer out back for two up riding. I am hoping rubber Polaris spacers will do this for me. I have said it many times the instal of these springs is one of the best things I did to my machine!!

CW

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I felt exactly the same before changing out mine ! They are now great. Only complaint is I would still like a bit stiffer out back for two up riding. I am hoping rubber Polaris spacers will do this for me. I have said it many times the instal of these springs is one of the best things I did to my machine!!

CW
Thank you!! Will do them next!!

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I did HD springs in the rear and the Polaris preload adjusters in the front as I wanted a stiffer suspenion in the rear and wanted to retain the stock ride in the front for trail riding and have the ability to stiffen it up in the front if I wanted, especially when I have the plow on it.

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts

CW
do u have a link to the rubber polaris spacers?

·
Registered
311 Posts

CW
Polaris Sportsman Coil Spring Spacer 2872655 | eBay

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
im with cw, springs are one of the more important mods to my bike. i wouldnt call it lift more like a rise, a lift increases suspension travel and the hl or epi springs just have a higher spring rate. but the important factor is it improves ground clearence.

with the hl on the front springs i dont understand what that collar/spring retainer is? on mine (epi's) i have a flat washer that the spring sits on. that washer is what the oems sat on.

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts

CW
Polaris Sportsman Coil Spring Spacer 2872655 | eBay
thanx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts