Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the 570 model has to have a OEM radiator cap only or will a standard rad cap fit. ?
Its been a few times now i've had to add coolant in the last year, hoses are ok, radiator ok, waterpump nipple not wet or leaking.
Motor Oil is perfect.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know if the 570 model has to have a OEM radiator cap only or will a standard rad cap fit. ?
Its been a few times now i've had to add coolant in the last year, hoses are ok, radiator ok, waterpump nipple not wet or leaking.
Motor Oil is perfect.
no-one has had to top up the coolant in their 570 ??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don’t know about the rad cap fitting but if your losing coolant you could be running hot and losing it from the overflow. I also had a small leak in rad on my JD tractor that was so small that the coolant would evaporate before it actually leaked onto the ground. Kept having to add coolant and could never figure out where I was losing it from. Poured a bottle of Rislone aluminum Leak stop and never had an issue since.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I've had to add coolant a couple of times also, but I think it's just from running it hard & coming out of the overflow bottle. I think it was really hot days too.
I'm sure you can use aftermarket caps, I will when needed.

Reactions: sportsmandan

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don’t know about the rad cap fitting but if your losing coolant you could be running hot and losing it from the overflow. I also had a small leak in rad on my JD tractor that was so small that the coolant would evaporate before it actually leaked onto the ground. Kept having to add coolant and could never figure out where I was losing it from. Poured a bottle of Rislone aluminum Leak stop and never had an issue since.
true, i had a 500 and it would steam a little at waterpump weep hole when hot but this 570 i'm not seeing anything at weep hole, i think im gonna put a clear hose on weep hole nipple and run hose by floorboard to see if my wife sees anything from hose, its her quad. Rislone is good for a gasket leak but the waterpump seal of these is mechanical so a sealant won't work, i've tried on a 500 once,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, i have the same issue.

I think its just overflow because these things run so hot. If you remember there was a "Service advisory" for that issue. The rad is always full and clean, oil is normal, not milky or crud in it, cant smell it in the exhaust so what else could it be. Sorry for the poor quality of pic. Camera wont focus where I want it to. But I will bot a small length of hose on it. Great Idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, i have the same issue.

I think its just overflow because these things run so hot. If you remember there was a "Service advisory" for that issue. The rad is always full and clean, oil is normal, not milky or crud in it, cant smell it in the exhaust so what else could it be. Sorry for the poor quality of pic. Camera wont focus where I want it to. But I will bot a small length of hose on it. Great Idea.
service advisory on coolant issues, ?
i only know about metal heat shields and plastic block offs,
maybe ill try that Evans coolant when i flush system. ?
Ours is a 2016.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sportsmandan you are correct. The service advisory was for the right side fix which entailed extra heat shielding. I was not clear on that fact when I replied.
I was meaning that the machine runs hot.
Could that (Always running hot) be connected to regularly having to add coolant? That is my guess. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. If someone has a fix for this please enlighten us. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sportsmandan you are correct. The service advisory was for the right side fix which entailed extra heat shielding. I was not clear on that fact when I replied.
I was meaning that the machine runs hot.
Could that (Always running hot) be connected to regularly having to add coolant? That is my guess. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. If someone has a fix for this please enlighten us. Thank you.
yes i agree the 570 exhaust gets pretty hot, i've offered my wife to try a power command or other fuel manager to see if more fuel would help, she wants to keep it stock, 😳

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
yes i agree the 570 exhaust gets pretty hot, i've offered my wife to try a power command or other fuel manager to see if more fuel would help, she wants to keep it stock, 😳
You could have the exhaust ceramic coated. I had mine done by Jet-Hot, it reduced the heat coming off to your right leg quite a bit, money well spent.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Motor Oil is perfect.
Cap does not have to be OEM. You can find one at any auto parts store. They are not universal. There are different sizes and pressure ratings. OEM cap is 0.9 Bar or, 13PSI.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could have the exhaust ceramic coated. I had mine done by Jet-Hot, it reduced the heat coming off to your right leg quite a bit, money well spent.
good to know, i was kind of waiting for a company to come out with a quieter muffler that was less restrictive but i think i'll get pipe coated .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine was “using” some somewhere and i noticed a water stain down the left front corner of the motor. Happened to be seeping from the thermostat housing. Never dripped on the ground and the only time it was wet was after riding it and it had cooled down enough not to evaporate off the block. Put a little rtv on the flange and stopped that. Bleed the air through the bleed screw by gravity with the engine cold and not running per the service manual.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also cleaned and high heat painted my pipe with duplicolor ceramic paint and then wrapped it with header wrap. Cut the heat way down. Still gotta slap some heat tape on the gas tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts