Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I noticed a kink in my coolant line on brand new 2019 570 the kink was in the end of line right where its connects to reservoir bottle. I dont think it was fully closed but the system definitely wasn't running right. I've just turned the fitting to get the kink mostly out.I only have 2 hours on machine. Going through a few heating and cooling cycles and taking it easy. wondering would this do damage it doesn't feel different and no lights have come on but I am worried as I just purchased machine. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
The coolant recovery tank collects coolant from the system as the system heats and the coolant expands - as the system cools and the coolant contracts, the coolant is returned to exclude air - air in the cooling system reduces efficiency and promotes corrosion. As long as the coolant goes into the tank as it heats and returns to the system as it cools, it is fine. The system will operate fine without it, but instead of coolant as the system cools, it draws air - my CRF250X has a coolant recovery tank whil my friends CRF250R does not - both run equally well and cool fine, but immediately after servicing as his engine heats, coolant is expelled onto the ground as the system heats for the first time - mine just raises the coolant level in the recovery bottle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much late bird. You given me great info and guided me through these few problems/inquiries appreciate it bud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts