Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed fresh coolant on the frame behind the coolant reservoir. I do not see any leaks from the hose coming from the reservoir. And it's still at the max level. Any ideas where it may be leaking from? Thanks

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What quad do you have?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just noticed fresh coolant on the frame behind the coolant reservoir. I do not see any leaks from the hose coming from the reservoir. And it's still at the max level. Any ideas where it may be leaking from? Thanks

Does the reservoir have an overflow? Your system may be too full and when you shut off the machine the water expands beyond what can be handled by the overflow tank. So it spits out any extra. Is it at max level when cool?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the sportsman 570. I'm not sure if it has an overflow. This is my first machine so I'm still learning about it. The coolant level is at the max when cold so your theory does make sense. I'll have to look into the the overflow. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I think of it, the plastic reservoir I'm looking at is probably the overflow bottle correct? I'll have to look into it more thoroughly when I get a chance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes that is your overflow. The fill cap is below the front rack. Mine is at the max level cold with 5 hours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts