Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night on a long ride i was on i noticed my temp light coming on cause i was stopped and moving slow for awhile. So i looked at my fan today and it is like not wanting to move it'll move like a inch or so in either direction but its like locked where it wont move any further than that.
anyone had this happen?
i noticed i got to take the fenders off bumper radiator etc.
hoping for a easy fix..lol pfft yeah right.
after than my front wheel bearings went out on left side to add to my frustration lol. the damn Bikes falling apart on me guys.
Anyways anyone had there fan like lock up on them and not move at all by hand or anything?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i beat on the fan motor with power connected to it and got it going again.
i know its a temp fix but i squirt some wd-40 in there the best i could.seems to be working for now.when it messes up again i guess ill be ripping the radiator out and taking the fan motor out.would like to just enjoy it for a little while rather than working on it all the time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You did the right thing. I would keep riding it, keeping an eye on the fan, and as long as it is working not worry about it. When it goes out and you can't get it to run anymore then worry about it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You did the right thing. I would keep riding it, keeping an eye on the fan, and as long as it is working not worry about it. When it goes out and you can't get it to run anymore then worry about it.
i agree with that man thanx

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone found a good replacement fan for these older wheelers like mine?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanx although thats alot more than i want to spend on this crappy fan ..ill have to do some research

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:chairfall: insane!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts