Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
You might have to rig up the mounts the Manufactor of Polaris's fans will sell you one dirrect for like $40 you just have to swap the motor over to the old blad and mount. the name and model # is on the motor just google them to get there #

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cooling fan replacement

Thanks for the info. Here is what I was able to find. There is a web site called Universal Parts inc.com or www.universalpartsinc.com
Here I found the actual 11" replacement fan for my quad. The cost is 100.00 +shipping and tax where aplicable. That is half of the actual OEM cost. I am sure if I wanted to wait around to see if one would pop up on ebay I could get it cheaper, but I want to be able to ride as soon as possible.

Again thanks for the info.................sleepless

·
Registered
1 Posts
My fan went bad in my 02 sportsman 700. I put a generic electric fan in from autozone. I was quite proud of myself saving all that money. It fit perfectly and looked good. Then I went for a ride and got hot again. That fan wouldn't move enough air. I bought the OEM replacement and all was right with the world again. I save cash on any project I can but I don't recommend it for polaris cooling fans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cooling Fan

I don't know what to tell you except that the one I bought did not require any modifications or extra parts. It is an OEM replacement fan for the 04. It just doesn't have the Polaris name on it. It is the exact same fan from Spal. I guess it's like going to Autoaone for a part for your car instead of the dealer. You know the dealer is going to charge you an arm and a leg, where Autozone won't be so bad and your buying the exact same part. Sorry you had bad luck with it. So far mine is doing the job. Thanks for the info though. It is appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts