Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a Sportsman 570 with stock axles... Reach down, grab each axle and wiggle it around. How much play is there?

Is it just barely 1mm, or do any of the axles show a bit more, like a few MM? I am talking up and down, or front to back, not in or out, as I know that the axles should slide slightly due to their having to move with the suspension.

I am just trying to determine how much "play" should be there in an axle, or when there is too much and you should be concerned.

I don't have another 570 with stock axles to compare to, so I am hoping that a few people can help me out.

3 of my axles are pretty tight, barely any wiggle or movement. The front right, has a few mm of play, like maybe 3-4mm.

Is this normal, or do I have an axle problem in the making?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
You're too paranoid, just ride til they click, or break.

To answer your question, both my 400 and my 850 had some slight play in the axles. Whether it be 1mm to 3mm. I think its normal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You're too paranoid, just ride til they click, or break.

To answer your question, both my 400 and my 850 had some slight play in the axles. Whether it be 1mm to 3mm. I think its normal.
Agree. too paranoid. lol

but mine have a small amount of play 1-2 mm but dont worry theyre not gorilla axles yet. doesnt cost too much for a new OEM.( kind of)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, ok thanks, I will stop worrying about it. I just have a long ATV trip coming up soon and want to make sure nothing is amiss that might leave me stranded 25 miles into the mountains...

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
This is going to be awkward if that axle randomly breaks on his trip! Lol

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
This is going to be awkward if that axle randomly breaks on his trip! Lol
That is why they have the DELETE POST button. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts