Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394392354.454371.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394392390.086779.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394392434.272315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394392657.549716.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394392672.340016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
nice set up
thanks for posting

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is 1.75 gallons.

I haven't mounted it yet. I was just asking since it seems to be made for it however not complete. There needs to be holes in the 2 outer domes to fit perfectly. It's going to be hard to drill thru it since the spherical side is out where you need to drill. Maybe if I grind it flat so I can get a drill point there. Seems to be the perfect spot and out of the way so I can still carry gear.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and I probably need to have an adapter made because the way the Rotopax mounts is 90 degrees from how the bracket is oriented on the bike.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This is just my opinion, but I think that looks like a sketchy spot to carry fuel. But I don't know how/where you ride. Just my .02.

It does appear to fit nicely tho

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is just my opinion, but I think that looks like a sketchy spot to carry fuel. But I don't know how/where you ride. Just my .02.

It does appear to fit nicely tho
Why? Peole hang them on the back of racks all the time. This would be supported underneath as well by steel.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yeah. Nowhere near that low, that I have ever seen anyways.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are you talking about? Do you think something will come up from the ground as I drive by, chase me down and smash into my fuel cell?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Good luck. Hope there are no rocks or sticks where you ride. Also... look how close your exhaust is to it.
I'm out

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Good luck. Hope there are no rocks or sticks where you ride. Also... look how close your exhaust is to it.
I'm out
I completely agree. I could never hang a fuel can in such a spot. the places I ride that roto would get ripped open. not for me. good luck. im out.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Like others have said, the rear rack is up high. You can toss a stick up trough your a arms and puncture the tank, and it's directly under your exhaust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First, love the creativity, depending on your terrain it might work great. For example, we ride primary at the dunes so minimal concern about big rocks trees branches etc.

With that said. It looks like you have it held in position. For the photos, but with the mount actually attached, will you have enough room to pull it off the mount without hitting the rear brace/grab handle? I don't want to call it a bumper since it's clearly not. Just a thought

Me personally, I'd look at mounting it to the front access panel before considering there. Mainly the close position to the exhaust is my concern.

Let us know how it works out for you ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
With that kind of machine you really don't have a lot of options. Not adding weight to the front of a sport quad is a plus, keeping the added weight low is also good. If you hit it on something and puncture it it's only around $50 and then you would know to look for something better. Let us know how things work for you.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'm out
I completely agree. I could never hang a fuel can in such a spot. the places I ride that roto would get ripped open. not for me. good luck. im out.
I'd have to agree with this group..... may bot be the wisest location, mounted that low.

But it's yours.... to do with whatever you please.

My question, with the rear grab bar/bumper in place can it be easily removed or accessed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It does match the rotopax mount pretty good and might work for it, but it is actually the bracket to support the sportsman xp exhaust.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is easy access back there to get it in and out. It's not really near the exhaust, the picture is misleading. I run rough terrain and ride pretty hard. I think it's a low chance it would get damaged there. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Make sure you have full coverage insurance. Rotopaxs are tough but It wouldn't last a day where I drive and if it gets punctured in that location it could get ugly. I would hang a Rotopax fire extinguisher on the front rack. :firedevil:

Good luck either way!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Horrible spot for the reasons others have already mentioned.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts