Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at rebuilding my top end on my 04 predator 500... I was wondering if you guys could help with a good quality piston and cams im going with the kibble white valves im pretty sure... would i need to buy new lifters with those?

also for the kibble white valves and springs anyone have an idea of what size shims i would need when i rebuild?

i want good quality and reliabe without spending a ton of cash

ive heard wiseco pistons are cheap for a reason so i was going to stay away from them.

any help would be appreciated thanks guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have used Wiesco Pistons in a couple different rebuilds and never had a problem but usually sell things often so only ran them about a year +/- after rebuild. I found a set of Moose Valves with the springs and all hardware for $120 through ridenow and if you run them with Hot Rods cams it should be a pretty good build, as far as the shims you will have to put it together to determine that, if you dont go bigger valves it may be close to stock shim size

Hope that helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did that set up run you if you don't mind me asking? Also I have heard to try to use forged piston instead of cast wiseco are cast if I'm not mistaken right?

Has any one heard anything about namura pistons or whatever??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have never used a Namura piston but I have never had a problem with thier gaskets so if the quality is the same I would assume they are not terrible..

Has anyone heard of the JE 600cc Kit? I cant seem to find anything about it online and wanting to put it in my 05 Predator

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have never used a Namura piston but I have never had a problem with thier gaskets so if the quality is the same I would assume they are not terrible..

Has anyone heard of the JE 600cc Kit? I cant seem to find anything about it online and wanting to put it in my 05 Predator
i looked on their website and biggest was the 560

hpd also has great stuff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't want to big bore it because of the cost and I also drops the reliability of the bike... has anyone had any problems with the big bores? I don't know much about them but if its worth the money maybe ill look into it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts