Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 13 850xp and am looking at getting the last of my to do list done on it. First question is I bought some grip and thumb warmer from Polaris for it and wondering if there is any tips or tricks on installing these? I read the instructions and it all seems pretty straight forward. I use symtec's on my canam but the dealer said they have had good luck with factory ones so I thought I would give them a shot. 2nd question is what kind of muffler are you guys running? I heard hot seat but where's the best place to buy from maybe a sponsor on here? I use a hmf on my canam and it sounds sweet.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wrong section sorry maybe a mod could place it over in the xp sportsman section

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Best way to get the grips off and on the bar is compressed air. You will see a hole at the end of the grip. Plug the other side of the bar and use the nozzle of a compressor attachment and it should slide right off. On my 2011 inbetween the battery and head light should be two connectors(orange wire and one with a white stripe)just plug and play.

As for exhaust I don't run one,but my buddies with an 850xp and a 550xp have Big Gun slip ons. They sound bad ass! Especially the 850,sounds like a Harley.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The grips are pretty straight forward. Power in the headlight pod for them already. The hotseat exhaust is nice. Sounds good, deep and not tinny. I don't think there is much in gains there though other than sound and most exhausts will require about $400 more in a fuel programmer and a high flow air filter to get any gains at all. Let me know if you do tires or anything else to it and need a clutch kit.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The grips are pretty straight forward. Power in the headlight pod for them already. The hotseat exhaust is nice. Sounds good, deep and not tinny. I don't think there is much in gains there though other than sound and most exhausts will require about $400 more in a fuel programmer and a high flow air filter to get any gains at all. Let me know if you do tires or anything else to it and need a clutch kit.
Actually that's nice that you offered as to a clutch kit. I have already installed some Big Horn 26"s, which I know is not much difference over stock but I feel that this 850 has nothing in the bottom end compared to my canam 800. Was wondering if you offer anything to help this out? I ride at 2300' and mostly just trails and alittle mud.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I've got a qsc kit on the shelf ready to ship just for that. $229 to your door and can ship tomorrow. It will smooth out the engagement jump, especially in reverse, stronger bottom and mid range with only a few mph off the top end. Pm me for payment details.

Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts