Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty sure I know the answer but I figured it can't hurt asking anyway. Few days ago my friends and I went out for a night ride/bonfire, I was going to avoid the mud (opposite from how I normally ride) because there was a brand new 3000# Superwinch on the front of my bike not wired up yet and I was going to install the wiring harness the next day. Well there came what looked like a mostly dried up creek crossing, so I did what I normally do. Pinned it and lifted the front tires and tried to jump across as far as I could and then drive up the other bank. Well little did I know it was dry leaves covering over a foot of thick soupy mud. After some back and forth trying to get out I was laying frame and wasn't going anywhere. Friend tried winching me out with his 2wd Rancher 350 but no luck. Then we tried pulling me out backwards and I wrapped the tow strap to the bar across the back right under the storage box since that was only 4" under the mud and the tow hook point was over a foot under. Well a few tugs on that and I heard a crack, didn't think anything of it and just undid the strap. Then we tried pushing it over from going up the bank to going along the creek bottom, don't ask why we were just running out of options. Well eventually a friend was able to get back in his GMC 2500 and yank me out, bike and myself were covered in mud. Next day I powerwashed the bike only to see that the left rear corner was sitting higher than the right. I pulled the rack and fenders off only to see that the tab on the frame that the bar is bolted to bent and cracked and that's why its sitting crooked. Any Idea whether it would be covered under the manufacturer warranty? I'm guessing not but I figured I'd ask anyway. If not my Uncle has a guy he rides with who is a really good welder and should be able to help my bike look like new.

Also now when I go from a stand still the bike does a lil shimmy as it gets going, could mud/ water have gotten in with my clutches?

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm goin to have to say NO. Sounds like Polaris is great for denying claims for stuff that should be covered by them because of crappy engineering or whatever. I highly doubt they'll say it's ok to pull a quad out like that. I understand ya did what ya had to do, unfortunately Polaris won't... Just my 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
7,078 Posts
You're joking right? About it being covered under warranty? Just take it to the friends house and get it fixed. When things like that happen you just have to own it, and pay the price to get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Polaris will not cover that for sure. I'd get a friend who knows how to weld well and fix it myself.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You guys can have the mud, I'll keep the rocks...
Yep......I have broke a ton of stuff in mud over the years! You can keep that crap!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
im not sure how you could think this should be covered. if you pulled your truck out of a ditch by the bumper, would you expect it to be covered?

Sorry OP, gonna have to eat it and fix it yourself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like I said I didn't think it would be covered but it couldn't hurt to ask

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You could always ask........never hurts!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
^^^^^ I agree, but when you do ask Polaris a question like that, I'd advise ear plugs to screen out the laughter, cause they're surely gonna hee haw quite a bit

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I hear ya,.......I'm about 99.9999999999% sure I know what the answer will be!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Id say NOOOO. The mud / water in the clutch case is very poss. the vent for the clutch housing is just under the rear of the seat

·
Registered
294 Posts
Might hurt your feelings.......

Direct from the owner's manual:

Rack Warning, Front and Rear
WARNING• DO NOT TOW FROM RACK OR BUMPER. Vehicle damage or tipover may
result causing severe injury or death. Tow only from tow hooks or hitch.
• Max. Rack Loads: Front 120 lbs. (54 kg) Rear 240 lbs. (109 kg)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Might hurt your feelings.......

Direct from the owner's manual:

Rack Warning, Front and Rear
WARNING• DO NOT TOW FROM RACK OR BUMPER. Vehicle damage or tipover may
result causing severe injury or death. Tow only from tow hooks or hitch.
• Max. Rack Loads: Front 120 lbs. (54 kg) Rear 240 lbs. (109 kg)
Duh,.........just common sense. Why would my feelings be hurt? :nixweiss:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I didn't mean you, literally. You said it never hurts to ask and I was replying that it (meaning their answer) might hurt your (taken in general and not specifically you) feelings as it is plainly stated in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didnt even bother asking or going to a dealer, my uncles friend is gonna help me bend everything back and re-weld the tab on the frame

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts