Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am baffled and it dosen't happen that often but this is the first 2 stroke i have owned, the 93 polaris big boss 350L ran ok when i first got it then out of the blue it reved right out as if i had the throttle wide open, afterwards no start issues ocurred. took the carb apart and cleaned and checked every passage and jet and all clear but still no fuel getting sucked in from the bowl? the bowl fills, i have spark and compression was 120+ i dont get why the starter(enricher) circuit and the pilot jet circuit arent keeping it running if you drip fuel into the carb or into the cylinder it will fire for a few seconds maybe even 20 seconds or so then it dies as if the fuel isn't getting sucked out of the pilot or starter circuits.. could this be the reed valves, crankcase seal or the oil injection check valve?? or any ideas would be very helpful thanks Moe

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Crank seal or a cracked carb boot. If you can get it running long enough to spray some starter fluid of carb cleaner around the crank seals and carb boot. See if the RPMs change at all. Seal behind the primary clutch is usually the one that goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the previous owner really did a number on this thing i can see why it was 500 bucks, i'll check the boot again and the crank seal if only i could get it to run for longer than 20 seconds to try the starting fluid. guess i have to take the primary clutch off and driven clutch and inner cover?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if it is that seal where can i get one? seems to be obsolete in the polaris dealers parts sites...hmm aftermarket one available? thanks in advance Moe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found it!

Thanks ridinagain it was bottom end pressure that was the problem but it was due to the previous owner loosening the bottom end bolts...good thing i noticed a shadow under one of the bolts and it wasn't even finger tight !!!!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts