Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 predator 500 when hitting the starter button it's as if the starter is bound up when you try to push start the back tires just lock up but when I pull the cap off the side of the engine I am able to turn the crank with the socket and ratchet in the transmission shift store all the gears without any issues what would be causing it to not crank over by pushing or the starter without the Piston actually been locked up you could help that would be greatly appreciate it plz help

·
Administrator
19,529 Posts
I dont know I think there is something wrong that has not been disclosed like work that was done prior to the problem without punctuation its hard to discern what you are actually experiencing maybe you should take out the spark plug and see if it will turn over or maybe the starter motor is locked up or maybe the battery is too weak to crank the engine when trying to bump start dont use first gear use second gear

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts
05 predator 500 when hitting the starter button it's as if the starter is bound up when you try to push start the back tires just lock up but when I pull the cap off the side of the engine I am able to turn the crank with the socket and ratchet in the transmission shift store all the gears without any issues what would be causing it to not crank over by pushing or the starter without the Piston actually been locked up you could help that would be greatly appreciate it plz help
Font Line Window Pattern Screenshot
to the forum
Ball Gas Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I don't know much about the bike other than it's sat for a couple years till I got it last night. I have a new battery and I've pulled the starter it works fine. Pulled the plug and piston looks good I can turn it over using a rachet on the flywheel and shift it through every gear which all work. We tried pulling it to break it loose in every gear. Yet when I let out the clutch it just locks up. I noticed the starter clutch was very stiff I know that can cause the starter to not turn it over but I'm confused cause it should still start being pulled if I'm correct... Btw I do have experience with bikes from attending WyoTech Daytona. Thou this is the first Polaris I've had to work on being the reason I came to you all for help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts