Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just opened up my clutch and my big main spring is gone.. i have been have troubles getting it in and out of gear. everything else looks great like it was rebuilt n they forgot the spring. will this cause me to not be able to change gears while started?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I wanna know how it will even drive without it. Ryan?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
it wont drive without a spring and what do you mean it is gone, as in wore out broke or somebody stole it or this would be a good one, as bad as Polaris is they forgot it when they assembled it

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm ready to hear this one. I didn't think they would drive without it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No its diffently not there.. some one wrote ok on clutch lol.. I have a good half inch of play. But it stl drives I ride it every weekend lol. I just have to shut it off to change gears. And I guess it just rides on the clutch instead of the side walls idk but I ride it no provlems lmfao

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
we tried it last night on a snowmobile when you start it up it just tries to close clutch and kills

·
Registered
9 Posts

So the blue spring that you see in this clutch assembly is missing in your primary clutch?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
How in the HELL could one forget to install that spring

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I want to see pictures.

·
Registered
978 Posts
What the heck????? This seems a little goofy lol. I dont see how you were riding every weekend with no primary spring lol.

·
Registered
505 Posts
First a missing airplane...now THIS!?!?!????!!!???!?!?
lol ya seriously anyway where did the op go with the pics. maybe hes mistaken about what is really missing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It could be possible..

I've been riding with only one wheel on my 800.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
tried it tonight, was trying some new clutching for tomorrow and so why not put the clutch together with out the primary and at idle in Neutral it went full shift out so there was no way to get it in gear then the secondary tried to close back up and oh it was a mess did not try to drive it was worried about a clutch explosion, so I am calling you on this one BS

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Indy did you try that on a sled clutch? Cause they should have a different weight and weight profile setup then an ATV would, at least in my way of thinking they would...never owned a sled yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts