Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
problem 1, i went the the entire efi sysem removed it and both sensors fully cleaned both sensors and the carb looking thing. everything cleaned up realy nice. put a new k&n air filter on it change oil and trans and diffs and filled up the coolant ect. also did brand new nkg spark plugs... at 1200 to 1300 it either dies or idles irractically jumping up and down. or it idles way high at 1800 or so and stays smooth. im at a lose here..

problem 2, when the quad is off i can change gears great and smooth the second i try to switch them when its runing it wont do it. ( at a full stop and foot on brake and hand brake) still wont. even if i idle it down til its basically stalling it wont either or it will then dies. but if i start it in gear its perfectly fine... any ideas?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
As far as putting it in gear.............you need to get the idle rpm's down...., also you should check for a loose or broken motor mounts, cleaning the front clutch would be a good idea.
idle.... Double check that have everything plugged in properly and connections are clean, make sure throttle body is all the way in the intake boot.
Is it throwing any codes?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope no codes or maintance wrench. i do have alot of play in my motor kinda like bouncing back n forth

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds like a busted/loose motor mount like 4getful2 said. You should not have that kind of play.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i noticed it when i first bought it. i thought the exhuast had a broken mount then i realized it was the motor moving ALOT. i checked nothing looks broken but i need to check the under mounts the front n backs are ok

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Put a pry bar under the motor and pry up and see if the mounts are bad. Sounds like your running issue is a sensor unplugged or maybe you removed the TPS when you did your cleaning and didn't get it set correctly?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How would I set it I see its like adjustable by the bolt all I did was clean it and set it level/ aligned with the bolt if that makes sense. Lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tps when adjusted right will be almost all the way to 1 side. Mine was having same issue. Hard to shift but after you adjust tps correctly it will fix that issue. I bought a tps adjusting tool on eBay. Make sure you get the right 1. Also my tool came in with the testing leads in the wrong spot. Not too much of an issue once I figured it out. Was able to out test leads in from back side of plug and make it work. Also instead of buying a tester you can put safety pins in and put multimeter on that way and adjust it. Think I seen it done on you tube or Google it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you have RPM's up and down, I suggest you to check tha IAC valve (Idle Air Control), which is a step by step valve.

Have a good day
Mariano

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My 2014 did this yesterday twice. I started it up maybe five times after that and it was fine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
420 Posts
problem 1, i went the the entire efi sysem removed it and both sensors fully cleaned both sensors and the carb looking thing. everything cleaned up realy nice. put a new k&n air filter on it change oil and trans and diffs and filled up the coolant ect. also did brand new nkg spark plugs... at 1200 to 1300 it either dies or idles irractically jumping up and down. or it idles way high at 1800 or so and stays smooth. im at a lose here..

problem 2, when the quad is off i can change gears great and smooth the second i try to switch them when its runing it wont do it. ( at a full stop and foot on brake and hand brake) still wont. even if i idle it down til its basically stalling it wont either or it will then dies. but if i start it in gear its perfectly fine... any ideas?

Problem #1 - sounds like the throttle cable is not adjusted properly. Remember: "thou shalt never try to adjust idle speed with the throttle cable".

Problem #2: http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-repair-maintenance/53877-hard-shift-850xp-2011-a.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts