Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I thought let's look at the air filter since I haven't done that in a few weeks. I opened up to find a bunch of bird seed in there. Maybe 2 tablespoons total. My wife puts same seed out for the squirrels and chipmunks. I have to assume a chipmunk though this would be a nice place for a winter nest. I should've taken a pic but didn't have my phone on me. I cleaned it all out though.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Keep a close eye on that, because if they are getting ready to make a nest they will destroy your wiring doing so and cause you a huge headache. I see it all the time on cars in our shop.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definitely be keeping an eye on it

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
YES they are a HUGE problem for some folks. You do NOT WANT THEM IN YOUR MACHINE!!

CW

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting tip. I will try that

Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Don't know... but they'll smell nice and fresh! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Put a dryer sheet in your air box for a week or so.
That's good to know. Do the dryer sheets work for mice too?
Mothballs work well...use some cheesecloth or light screening to make a pouch and then you don't have to worry about them falling into somewhere they shouldn't.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I had forgot about the dryer sheets. I had a frickin mouse build a nest in my heater box of my truck. What a pain.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's odd since I've never had issues in the air boxes of my sleds or my 700. The 550s intake must be easier to get into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts