Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm the kind of guy that buys the "industrial" version of anything, even if it's for the kitchen. I'm also the kind of guy that will do just about anything (within reason) to keep my 6 year old daughter from falling off my fourwheeler.

So I decided on the ATV Superstore's kit "A" as a good seat for her. The box is great, and service from Thor and the folks over at ATVSS was fantastic!

When I first installed it, I was was a little disappointed that the design of the box only allows for the rear 4 lock n ride mount holes to be used, and leaves the forward most two empty. Having no support in the front like that makes the box slightly prone to tip back a little. Would it fall off? Probably not. Are 75% or more of the folks with this setup ok with it as is? Probably... but I wasn't.

Here are some pics of my fix. All it took was some 1/8" wire rope, two 5/16" x 3-1/4" eye bolts, and the associated odds and ends. The biggest expense was the swage tool ($30 @ the lowes) but I've been wanting that rascal for sometime.

I'm getting two more mounts from ATVSS, which again is probably overkill.. but why not? This will give me 6 tie downs... Should the zombie apocalypse ever come, I'll bet dollars to donuts that seat is still on the bike by the time it's all over...

Here's a quick youtube I made showing what I did.

:cowboy:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have the same seat on my 850. I took the rack off completely, then mounted the seat to the rack using 6 5/16" screws. I used fender washers on either side for extra support since the base of the box is thin plastic. Then put the entire assembly on in 1 piece. I could damn near lift the back end of the machine up from the seat now.

I also put a few strips of foam tape in between the seat and the rack, and it worked perfect -- no vibrations!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to put some aluminum plates inside the box as well to help alleviate that "thin plastic" issue. I want to keep mine lock n ride though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts