Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a place to have a cooler but there isn't much room on a 2 up machine. So I decided to fab up my own rack. Bolt through the holes for an aftermarket rear bumper. The rear truck still can open too. I couldn't find any pictures of something so I designed my own with stuff we had around the garage.
Need to finish it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Looks good man! nice job.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This is a rough prototype. Probably will redo it sometime better with round tube and a bender. I'll finish and paint it today.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it. Looks quite stout and ready for a heavy load. and it should work for other gear too. Gas cans, etc.

·
Registered
308 Posts
CAUTION! CAUTION! Liberal government studies have shown that too much beer in the rear can cause you too loose your gear on steep inclines. Oh nice rack man.... WOW never thought I would be saying that to a dude. Hi Kevin:lame:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sturdy. You have to pull it pretty hard to rock it, and thats not hurting anything. Its welded tight, just some metal flex.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished product

·
Registered
434 Posts
That looks awesome! If you decide to make another out of round stock, I'm sure you could sell that one without much trouble on here. Good job!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, I've been wanting to figure out a solution to do the same and this helps me get some ideas. thinking about adding a second hitch up top to make it removable but seeing yours, I like how sturdy it looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts