Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,
I have a 2008 Sportsman 800 Touring. Man this thing kicks off a lot of heat, so much that part of the seat plastic underneath has deformed as well as the side plastics near the exhaust have deformed a little. Some of that aluminum shielding has fallen away over the years.
Anyone know of a product to put back on there or a business that has an aftermarket shielding "plate" for this?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
Why not pick up the OEM part?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heat Shield Matting. Here's one example but there are many different ones available at any auto parts store.
Heat Shield Matting. Here's one example but there are many different ones available at any auto parts store.
Thank you! Yeah that's something I'm thinking about. I will check it out.
Cheers

·
12,787 Posts
I keep a big roll of heatshield matting in the shop at all times to address heat issues on customer's machines.
Did a complete makeover of my 06 800 last winter and ceramic coated the inside and outside of the exhaust which seemed to help a lot with the exhaust heat. You may need to look into a ECU tune or reflash and possibly a TPS recalibration. If your exhaust heat is very extreme you may have a air/fuel ratio problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found this Lava wrap on Amazon
Wrapped the exhaust along the side of the unit to the muffler
Helps a lot

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wrapped my pipes and put the aluminum tape on the back of the plastics.

It seems to help, just keep in mind that pipe wrap will eventually rust out the pipe as it gets wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts