Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I don't know which is more awesome, that quad or the expedition work you do :)

Thank you for posting this, please keep it coming!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dm35
We were in Thailand in 1999 for an exercise with the Thai Air Force plus some training with our own special forces. While we were there a group that specializes in recovering remains contacted us about a plane crash north of Bangkok that was pretty inaccessible. The plane had crashed on the side of a mountain that was not real stable. We were able to get permission to take a small team to the site, hoist them down, and recover some remains and a few small items from the wreckage. From what was recovered they were able to confirm the identity of the pilot and tail number of the aircraft. It was a challenging but rewarding experience.

Action

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Action Thanks for the story, it was interesting !

bgirard420,Discount Tire, windsor396, crazyjoe, marty2194, hduc2005, OuachitaMtnMan, Forrest, WilliamBos, DBert, fishhooker, Kalani938, RadRed44, Fishy thanks for the comments, nice to read it.

MDH148, hell yes, it was a really BAD ASS ride. Changing the belt in the deep swamp in the dark was unforgettable

SportsmanJohn500, check your e-mail, I've sent you a plenty of photos, concerning LED tail lights

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
EasternIA4X, thanks !

Roll Cage was custom made for me at one of the munition factories using special strong duralumin.

WilliamBos, Superatv produce roll cages for Sportsman 2007-2010 (2 rows 10 rolls in each)

My roll cage has 2 rows, 7 rolls in each. (Sportsman 2004-2006)

Stock roll cage bursted in to peaces due to awd auto-engagement problems. (Problem is solved, but still I decided to intall metall one)

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
EasternIA4X, thanks !

Roll Cage was custom made for me at one of the munition factories using special strong duralumin.

WilliamBos, Superatv produce roll cages for Sportsman 2007-2010 (2 rows 10 rolls in each)

My roll cage has 2 rows, 7 rolls in each. (Sportsman 2004-2006)

Stock roll cage bursted in to peaces due to awd auto-engagement problems. (Problem is solved, but still I decided to intall metall one)

Thank you. Would not want that letting you down on one of your excursions.

Excellent work.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As an ex military member, I think you are doing an awesome service for your country!!!! Keep up the great finds, and may some peace be brought to those fallen soliders and to their families.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
may some peace be brought to those fallen soliders and to their families.
We say "The war is not finished, till the last fallen soldier is buried"

Some more photos :

Trying to identify soldier's name by reading pieces of documents, that were found with the warrior.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Your work is awesome and your intentions with it are most admirable, I assume you recover all nationalities too, You & Your Group are True "everyday" Heroes, I think we would all like to see more of your progress.
You are top dog on the fabrication front, Love your Led work, I think that between Cree leds and all other types it's about time all ATV's were "globeless"

Best Regards - MM :)

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Very cool, was that a DP magazine in the fist pic?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love your posts DM35. The pics are amazing and fascinating. As others have said before, you are doing an admirable thing. What is the story behind the soldiers you were searching for in the expedition?

·
Registered
70 Posts
As a former Airman in the USAF your work is nothing short of Heroic, from myself, and my family we thank you for bringing piece of mind to the families that have lost a love one in the perseverance of their country. Also as a local Police Officer, I have gone on several search and recover trips,and I can say it is not easy on the body or mind. Beautiful quad too, paint job is top notch.

21 - 40 of 158 Posts