Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to go swimming. I'm really happy with the way everything is turning out. I'd like to thank Highmark for being a HUGE help. We stayed up till 2am working on this and I'm hoping to wrap it up today. :saevilw:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Time to go swimming. I'm really happy with the way everything is turning out. I'd like to thank Highmark for being a HUGE help. We stayed up till 2am working on this and I'm hoping to wrap it up today. :saevilw:
Looks good, Thinking of doing this myself (maybe even the stealth one into the pod) how did you get the risers to be stationary? Do you have a list of supplies? and last question, where the flex tubing connects to the risers is there any chance the tires would rub on them if you hit a huge bump?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cut holes with a hole saw and then used a dremel to open them up for a somewhat precise fit. I fed the threaded fittings through and used a plastic nut on the other side. The 2" pipe fits into the fitting. The tires will not bump.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Cool, you going to paint it all black or maybe get creative and try painting it Camouflage?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks good Guys! Better get that thing wrapped up! SSee ya Sunday!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looking good Scotty! Looks like you plan to go DEEP!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All set, the testing begins Sunday at our gathering... Let us pray...:rock_dj::scared1:

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've been a part of several custom builds and I have to say this by far is one of the easiest. We plan on putting a parts list and hopefully a write up describing how we did it. We did splurge on some nicer stuff like the spa tubing which was the most expensive part. Otherwise it was all PVC and couplers.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great. How's it run with the big pipes feeding the air box compared to the smallish single one stock?
She's running strong. I think the two holes are comparable to the stock intake. I have a UNI filter with a big gun slip on now. Sounds amazing!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This morning I made some custom plexiglass plates to stabilize the stacks. This turned out to be really cool. I'm happy with the way she looks. If I did another kit it would definitely be refined and fit even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
How do you go about taking the front rack off for maintenance stuff? Looks like a nice build. What was the price roughly for the spa hose if you don't mind me asking? I am thinking of snorkeling just the cvt on the wifes 550

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you go about taking the front rack off for maintenance stuff? Looks like a nice build. What was the price roughly for the spa hose if you don't mind me asking? I am thinking of snorkeling just the cvt on the wifes 550
The snorkel towers are not glued in but are a nice snug fit. I can pull them off at any time. Once they're off I can pull the deck right off. I bought 15' of spa hose for around $49 at Home Depot. Testing went great yesterday and she was sealed tight. I had water up to the center of my headlight pod at one point. The build turned out awesome and I rode through the creek with confidence all day long!:bath:

·
Registered
576 Posts
The snorkel towers are not glued in but are a nice snug fit. I can pull them off at any time. Once they're off I can pull the deck right off. I bought 15' of spa hose for around $49 at Home Depot. Testing went great yesterday and she was sealed tight. I had water up to the center of my headlight pod at one point. The build turned out awesome and I rode through the creek with confidence all day long!:bath:
Just to build on ScottyMalone101 I would by 20 feet just to be sure. It was 3 something a foot at Home Depot. The spa tube just slides right up the PVC. So technically you might be able to get the front deck off without touching the snorkel tubes by cutting a bit more off the edges of where we decided to put the tubes.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks for the info. Glad the testing went well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts