Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here to the forums and this is my first thread to post. I snorkeled my 2012 sportsman 500 HO over the course of 2 days. i'm happy with how it came out and it seems to have all sealed off well. (i had to test it out and had no problems) I got it to where the water was all the way up to 2 inches under the lowest snorkels. (water got deeper than i thought, but i popped the front up and water-wheelied it the rest of the way.) Let me know what you guys think. :top:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! i appreciate it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice it looks good with the three snorkels! im curious tho too, when u tested it u didn't get water in your clutch?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Where did you get the adapter for the air box cover?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks yall, just figured out how to see my thread to see comments. ha, this is all still new to me. i did the airbox top using plexiglass and 2 90* barbed fittings and sawed of one barb side and used a hole saw and slid them in and actually melted it with a mini butane torch, it completely sealed it but i still put silicone to make sure. no i never had a problem with water getting into the clutch so far and i've had it up to about 2-3 inches under my shorter 2 snorkles, and yes my stock clutch intake is still in place, i actually have a question for yall about that one, my outer 2 snorkels do my air box and are both 1.5 inch and the center 2 inch one does my belt, can i put a "T" in and do my clutch and my belt through that one snorkel? cause i really wanna keep it 3. reason i done it using 3 is because i love the canams and thats how theirs is done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are a few others posting home builds on here. They all look good so far. If I had the know-how and patience I would try it. I don't have either, so I'll leave it be. I'll take out the boat if I feel the need to be in deep water. Good job though :top:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
thanks yall, just figured out how to see my thread to see comments. ha, this is all still new to me. i did the airbox top using plexiglass and 2 90* barbed fittings and sawed of one barb side and used a hole saw and slid them in and actually melted it with a mini butane torch, it completely sealed it but i still put silicone to make sure. no i never had a problem with water getting into the clutch so far and i've had it up to about 2-3 inches under my shorter 2 snorkles, and yes my stock clutch intake is still in place, i actually have a question for yall about that one, my outer 2 snorkels do my air box and are both 1.5 inch and the center 2 inch one does my belt, can i put a "T" in and do my clutch and my belt through that one snorkel? cause i really wanna keep it 3. reason i done it using 3 is because i love the canams and thats how theirs is done.
No, you can not mix the belt intake with the belt exhaust. You need the intake to draw in cooler air, and the exhaust to let out the hot air. If you mix them, you will be building up heat in the box. The can ams that use three normally have 1 larger intake for the airbox, and then 2 1.5 inch for the belt intake and exhuast.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Switch your piping around and use your 2" as your intake, and the 1.5" as your clutch intake and exhaust

I have the same setup on my 800 with the 3 tree.

when sitting on the bike, I have the left air intake hose go along the side to a "1.5 T" , the right side wraps around the motor and is attached to the "T". Then it continues to a 2" intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
more pics?

I just bought a 2012 orange madness and would like to snorkel it. Could you post pics of under the lid? I really like this setup! Have you had any jetting done or problems to need it done?

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wheeler you can custom make it using puckboard or check out rubber down customs.
you think i could use that shi* to make mine for the 850 airbox

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.