Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to replace the shot fron outer cv joints on my hawkeye, ive been scoping ebay and im just wondering if anyones bought them of there? i see the spindle parts in the picture but do they come with the inner parts?

·
11,130 Posts
I did a quick search and I'm wrong about getting the whole axles cheap for your Hawkeye. To answer your original question, the CV kits are complete replacements. Are your OEM's beyond saving? A good cleaning and boot kit may be all you need.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Sometimes, ebay isn't the cheapest place to purchase. You've got to look around, also consider freight rate in the purchase price.
While i've have good luck with the cheapy cv joints(the whole assembly) off of ebay, bearings was not a good idea. You could look up pats small engine parts and see what they have, other dealers as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes, ebay isn't the cheapest place to purchase. You've got to look around, also consider freight rate in the purchase price.
While i've have good luck with the cheapy cv joints(the whole assembly) off of ebay, bearings was not a good idea. You could look up pats small engine parts and see what they have, other dealers as well.
well the po before me pulled the cv axels out when the diff locked up and took the outer cv joints off the axles and used them as plugs for the hubs, so the bearings in them are junk, and ive found replacement ones for 40 shipped a side with a 1 yr warranty,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts