Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS you all know, i'm having trouble with noises on my new 2009 sportsman 500 Ho...8 hours 20 miles....its been in the shop twice in the last 3 weeks.I remeber going over it before,i took it in and did find some strange movement in my front left axle side to side movement and you could hear the axle hitting something.....now my noise was comming only on turns not straight aways, as i held the L/F Axle it would move in and out and you could hear it bottoming out on something...my question is, is this normal because the others don't do it and i'm thinking the sounds is traveling to the back, thats why i thought it was maybe the back axles or transmission...but i'm thinking the L/f axle is the problem now.This ATV has been in the shop for a total of 2 weeks and they can't find anything or hear the noise and i'm getting pretty mad....i'm going to the shop in the next 2 days, cause i want it fixed....MUDDIE49

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just replaced a CV boot on my F/R axle on my 08 300 sportsman. though your bike is much bigger i think the axles are all simmilar (just bigger)on the larger sportsmans. I don't think what is going on with your axle is normal. The Cv joint connected to the wheel should have very little play at all and the CV joint going to the front gear case moves in and out as the suspension is compressed. You should not be able to just move the axle back and forth. there are clip pins that are on each CV joint that keep the axle in place, sounds like the one that goes to the outer CV joint might be missing or has fallen off. thats my best guess. hope it helps.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not Cv shafts....Backlash in Rear diff...

Well their doing notta d--- thing about it....and say its not in the cv shafts its in the rear diff called backlash....i bought it home and polaris and my dealer are in for a fight the next comming weeks....The Rear sounds like a Jack hammer when turning......!!!!!!!!!! WTH

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jamieg seems the cv shafts are ok and its what they call backlash in the rear diff...i'm going to ride it and put some time and miles on it...cause i'm waiting on a call or email from Polaris any year now....:eek:mfg:so thanks for your responce....MUDDIE49

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Call or email From Polaris...

Well no call or email from Polaris about my ATv...guess they could careless...they got their money and now i'm stuck with a ATV thats noisey and a jack hammering timebomb!!! i expected alot more out of Polaris and will never buy another because of the customer service....their the worse...Muddie49

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Polaris is fixing my bike...its a r/r cv shaft thats bad a maybe the 2 in the front...rear diff is fine....cv shaft noise....:speechless:Muddie49

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same thing

Muddie49,

I took my 850XP in this morning for the exact same problem. It has 4.5 hours and 40 miles on it. Clunk, Clunk from the rear. It was most noticable when you let off the gas all of the sudden and the rear would shutter and clunk. They diagnosed the problem as a bad r/r axle and had it replaced in a couple of hours. Problem fixed in less than a day. The dealer I go to is 4 Wheels of Texas in Hurst, Texas. I realize you are in Penn. and I am sorry for your customer service, that really blows. I have had the best customer service from this particular dealer and hope to always own a Polaris because of it. This is my first one too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Traumbers Polaris Dealer in Penna....THE BEST!!!

Well it came home today and it was fixed...its an awsome feeling when you get to deal with techs that know what their doing....This place was Awsome..from the guy bringing my quad down and pulling it on my trailer to the guys at the parts counter and customer service was great((Lisa)) was very knowlegable about quads and was very helpful....this place is Topgun in this area and it showed.....My thanks to that Polaris Dealer in Quakertown,Pa....your my dealer...MUDDIE49:applaus::applaus::applaus:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats to bad about the customer service you got from your dealer. I am glad you got it squared away though, I have had nothing but good dealings with the guys at Polaris and my local dealer for going on 18 years now. Hope you stay with Polaris.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts